    place?

    Thanks,
    Bogdan

    bogdan, Mar 20, 2008

  2. bogdan

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    do you mean binding done by data source controls? If you bind manually that
    of course happens whenever you call dataBind() for the control, so when that
    happens is up to you, the page developer.

    Yes you could do that with DataBound event. Data source conrreols also have
    their own events like SqldataSource's Selected event

    Quite common is that on first request, control are bound at PreRender stage
    but on postback they must then be populated before Page_Load because
    postback data is already loaded before that, so data in lists etc must exist
    so that state change based on postback data, can be made.

    SqldataSource for example gets its select operation called in PreRender by
    the databound controls.

    Teemu Keiski, Mar 20, 2008