Where in the page lifecycle does validation occur?

Paul

Hi all,

I don't use auto postbacks on my web site to keep it javascript-free
and browser agnostic. Whenever there's a postback to my page I'm using
the Page_Load event to use the posted data for database updates.
However, the page hasn't been validated at this point. I can call
Validate() at this point, but this means the controls will be validated
twice.

At what point in the page lifecycle are the controls validated? When
would be the best time and place to use the posted data for a database
update, if not using auto postbacks? My current method doesn't seem
ideal.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

nirmal.c

Validate() at this point, but this means the controls will be validated
twice.

You can disable it by .CausesValidation property
At what point in the page lifecycle are the controls validated? When
would be the best time and place to use the posted data for a database
update, if not using auto postbacks? My current method doesn't seem
ideal.

After Page_Load.

Regards
Nirmal

Paul

Thanks Nirmal,

If I don't want to use button events (to avoid the need for javascript)
where's the best place to check if the posted data is valid and do
database updates, redirects etc.?

Thanks,

Paul

nirmal.c

Paul , You are the best person to judge based on your apps behavior.

However I might end up doing it at LoadComplete.