When I try to insert a record into a table (access) to control DetailsView I always appears the foll

deneushasler

Hello my name is Juan Jose.
My problem is as follows. When I try to insert a record into a
table (access) to control DetailsView Visual Web Developer 2005,
when I run the page and insert a record pulse, whenever I get the
following error:

How could fix it?

[OleDbException (0x80004005): Ha intentado asignar el valor Null a una
variable que no es un tipo de datos Variant.]
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextErrorHandling(OleDbHResult
hr) +65
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextForSingleResult(tagDBPARAMS
dbParams, Object& executeResult) +181
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object& executeResult)
+307
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior,
Object& executeResult) +77
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior
behavior, String method) +188
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +113
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteDbCommand(DbCommand
command, DataSourceOperation operation) +495
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteInsert(IDictionary
values) +557
System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Insert(IDictionary values,
DataSourceViewOperationCallback callback) +173
System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView.HandleInsert(String commandArg,
Boolean causesValidation) +627
System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView.HandleEvent(EventArgs e, Boolean
causesValidation, String validationGroup) +745
System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormView.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs
e) +163
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +56
System.Web.UI.WebControls.FormViewRow.OnBubbleEvent(Object source,
EventArgs e) +118
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +56
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +107
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String
eventArgument) +178
System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String
eventArgument) +31
sourceControl, String eventArgument) +32
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +244
includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3837

David Wier

Just glancing, knowing very little spanish - could it be that you have what
you think is an autonumber field, but it's not set for autonumber, and
you're not supplying it with data, in your insert statement?

One way or the other, it looks like you've got no data for a field that does
not allow nulls

David Wier
http://aspnet101.com
bloated markup

deneushasler said:
[...]

Hello, you could send me a project to insert records in fields with
autonumber, my mail is (e-mail address removed)
Thank you