    database.

    i code it with JDK1.3.1+ Win2000, but i have to test it on Linux, if i use
    database, how can i configure the environment.

    David, Jul 28, 2003

  2. David

    Bruce Lewis Guest

    Sounds like you want Hypersonic SQL (hsqldb).

    Bruce Lewis, Jul 28, 2003

  3. David

    Roedy Green Guest

    It is much simpler to store data is a flat file. You may have some
    trouble finding some data transfer errors. With self-correcting
    modems, and the TCP/IP retransmit you don't get errors
    the way you used to, just disconnects.

    You can use a digest/checksum to ensure a file arrived intact. I
    would think that would likely be what your prof has in mind. See
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/digest.html and
    http://mindprod.com/jgloss/crc.html

    Roedy Green, Jul 29, 2003