  1. DeepakS

    DeepakS Guest

    Please let me know which is best java library for socket programming ?

    DeepakS, Apr 17, 2013

  2. DeepakS

    markspace Guest

    markspace, Apr 17, 2013

  3. DeepakS

    Lew Guest

    What makes "best"?

    There are many criteria of goodness, some of which are mutually exclusive. Which
    ones apply here?
    From which we read:
    "The java.net package provides two classes--Socket and ServerSocket--that implement the client side of the connection and the server side of the connection, respectively."

    These are great for socket programming, but rather low level.

    Do you have needs for more than raw socket programming?

    Lew, Apr 17, 2013
  4. DeepakS

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Arne Vajhøj, Apr 17, 2013
  5. DeepakS

    Roedy Green Guest

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/http.html

    It will point you to some. I wrote a lightweight one called HTTP.
    Apache as a fat one called HTTPClient

    Roedy Green, Apr 18, 2013
  6. DeepakS

    czifro

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2015
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I know this is a really old thread, but I have created a library in Java for easier socket programming. It can be found on github, https://github.com/czifro-development/JSocket. I am also open to any suggestions for improvement.

    czifro, Aug 5, 2015