Which Programming Language to learn for making Mods/Cheats?

Reaction score
Hello,
I want to get into Modding and making Cheat software. Which Programming Language is required for that?
For example if I want to make a Mod for the game Rimworld, which Language would be required.
C++ .... etc.?

Reaction score
Modding is fine. Cheating isn't.

Some games need merely some .txt files or .json files modification or .lua files.
Others require compiled code.

Depends on the game.

Reaction score
Modding is fine. Cheating isn't.
I tend to look at this from a slightly different perspective: If I don't like the rules of the game, then I change them.
But I agree that providing one player in a PvP arrangement with unadvertised buffs/nerfs is different from say a golf handicap.

In Stellaris, creating a player race involves spending a limited number of ethics and civics points. But with a large collection of mods that add new and interesting ethics and civics, the points given to work with no longer seems appropriate. So I upped those allowances.

In Rimworld, the time spent mining a resource is a factor, so the play is to mine the highest profit/time item and sell it for silver to buy the resource I really want. Which seems quite peculiar when I can mine that resource. So I changed the profit/time to be identical across resources; this way I can choose to mine what I need instead.

In Minecraft, the Minecolonies mod introduces a tech tree mechanic where I pay resources to discover new tech. But there's a real-time progress bar that simulates researching the tech. Since I don't find progress bars entertaining, I eliminated that part and just pay the researchers for techs I want to buy.

Last edited:

Ask a Question