White Space to the Right of My Page

ilan

Hi Everyone,

I am setting up an online e-commerce store, and am using content
management software. The CMS has an html editor option, or a GUI based
option. I don't know much html (although am not completely clueless),
so I made the page in GUI and then tweaked and edited it with the html
editor.

I am very happy with how it looks now, but I do have one problem
though, which is that there is a column of white space on the right
hand side of the page. It's not a huge column, but if possible I would
like to ret rid of it. The URL for the website is:

www.ilandesign.com.au

I have had a look through the code, and can't find anything to suggest
why there is this problem, but I was hoping somebody else could help
shed some light on this.

Thanks in advance,

Ilan

Jonathan N. Little

ilan said:
Hi Everyone,

I am setting up an online e-commerce store, and am using content
management software. The CMS has an html editor option, or a GUI based
option. I don't know much html (although am not completely clueless),
so I made the page in GUI and then tweaked and edited it with the html
editor.

I am very happy with how it looks now, but I do have one problem
though, which is that there is a column of white space on the right
hand side of the page. It's not a huge column, but if possible I would
like to ret rid of it. The URL for the website is:

www.ilandesign.com.au

You may like this CMS but it makes really bad markup:

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http://www.ilandesign.com.au

(Result for http://www.ilandesign.com.au - W3C Markup Validator)

It stick bits willy-nilly throughout the page.
I have had a look through the code, and can't find anything to suggest
why there is this problem, but I was hoping somebody else could help
shed some light on this.

You have your work cut out for you.

Chris F.A. Johnson

Hi Everyone,

I am setting up an online e-commerce store, and am using content
management software. The CMS has an html editor option, or a GUI based
option. I don't know much html (although am not completely clueless),
so I made the page in GUI and then tweaked and edited it with the html
editor.

I am very happy with how it looks now, but I do have one problem
though, which is that there is a column of white space on the right
hand side of the page. It's not a huge column,

It *is* very wide if you have a high resolution monitor and a large
window.
but if possible I would
like to ret rid of it. The URL for the website is:

www.ilandesign.com.au

I have had a look through the code, and can't find anything to suggest
why there is this problem, but I was hoping somebody else could help
shed some light on this.

There are fixed width attributes scattered throught the HTML. Get
rid of them.