Why do double and single double quotes work in this line of code?

Reaction score
Both of these lines of code work. One has a single double quote at the end and the other has a double double quote at the end.

HTML:
form class=""action="index.html">

HTML:
form class=""action="index.html"">

I'm confused as to why.

Reaction score
Browsers are good at figuring out and correcting coding errors, but my editor shows it as an error.

Reaction score
any web browser will swallow a code html ( with or without error ) and will display 'something' ..
sometimes display is broken because of faulty code...

It's mainly due to a flexibility and to the lot of languages and version involved.
text file / image / movie / sound /html in all version / pdf / js same thing / java plugins /flash ....
a browser can handle it all ... It's a huge machine, with the aim to display to the user the submit files.

It's a debugging tool too , that why all is display in, bugs or good code...

take a html file , random delete few blocks of code , see the result on display.

Reaction score
the first one is kind of right.

HTML is no coding language. So it's not strict at all. It's just a structure language. (A blue print if you will. Use a marker in a blue print instead of a pencil, and you are still able to recognize a house). No browser will throw back an error because there is no parsing involved. You can mess up completely with HTML, eg. <headBoDy>my inner site</body> and you're still able to read "my inner site".

The whole discussion is worthless. If somebody can't follow the few HTML rules, than this person is completely misplaced in the world of web developing. The world needs plumpers.

Last edited:

Ask a Question