Win X64 XP Pro, Visual Studio .Net and ASP .Net

Jo-Marie Schoeman

Does anyone know whether Windows x64 XP Pro supports ASP .Net? In other
words, will it allow you to run an application server and thus be able to
create web application and web services using Visual Studio .NET?

My current issue is the fact that, upon install Visual Studio .Net
(Framework 1.1) states that it still requires the FrontPage Server Extensions
component in order to run web applications. Furthermore, the Visual .Net
"requirements" page states that, for Windows Server 2003 one should check the
component "Application Server".

I have installed IIS and all the possible logical components (thus only
excluding things like "Internet printing"), yet .Net still won't enable the
ASP installation.

Does x64 have the option to install FrontPage Server Extensions or is there
perhaps a way to "bypass" the .Net requirements?