Win32 application failing in poweredge server

GSK

Hi,

We have a Win32 application developed in VC++. It has few modal
dialogs invoked by function keys.

The application runs fine on a normal desktop or laptop in all
versions of windows(NT,2000,XP)

We are now trying to run in a dell poweredge server.
And for some reason, some dialogs are not coming up.
When I debug, the domodal() call returns -1.

The windows running on the poweredge server and other machines are the
same versions, installed from the same CD.

Any pointers??

Jack Klein

Hi,

We have a Win32 application developed in VC++. It has few modal
dialogs invoked by function keys.

The application runs fine on a normal desktop or laptop in all
versions of windows(NT,2000,XP)

We are now trying to run in a dell poweredge server.
And for some reason, some dialogs are not coming up.
When I debug, the domodal() call returns -1.

The windows running on the poweredge server and other machines are the
same versions, installed from the same CD.

Any pointers??

Whatever it is, it is not a C++ language issue. Dialogs are a Windows
thing, not part of the topic here, the standard C++ language.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com