Win32::GuiTest missing some functions

Zaxon

I've been reading through some of the examples for Win32::GuiTest. I
have this module installed in my ActivePerl system.

The main methods for GuiTest are working - indicating that the module
does exist and is installed correctly (via PPM).

However, there are certain methods listed in numereous places on the
web which claim to be using them directly from Win32::GuiTest.
However, they don't exist at all in my GuiTest module using qw:)ALL).
Examples of such methods are: MenuSelect, WaitWindowLike, WaitWindow
etc. Evidence of this can be seen at
http://search.cpan.org/~ctrondlp/Win32-GuiTest-1_50.5/GuiTest.pm

Have these methods been removed from GuiTest? Are they in some other
version etc? Is it only ActiveState's version that is missing them,
etc? The version of Win32::GuiTest on CPAN is 1.3, the same version
number on my system.

Zaxon

OK. I found out what the problem was. The author has released new
versions of the module as beta releases. He doesn't want to update
CPAN with anything newer than 1.3. So to get the bulk of the new
functions, you need to manually locate a newer version, 1.50.5 at the
time of writing, and manually install it.