win32traceutil doesn't work in Win32 service when connected viaTerminal Services

Felix McAllister

Hi,

We have a Python service that periodically prints trace information using print statements. The service uses the win32traceutil module so that print output can be viewed using win32traceutil.py. This works fine, except for the case when we connect to the server via Microsoft Terminal Services. In that case, we don't see any trace output from the service, although the trace output of other non-service Python apps is fine.

Ideas anyone?

Felix.