Work with Office Web Component OWC11.

oliviers

Hi,

From an aspx (.net 2.0) web site, I basically want to provide my users
with some data in an excel format.
I found that a good way was to user the owc11 library (from Office
2003).

It runs great on my dev machine and, of course, bad from my production
server.
What I did:
- Add a reference to the COM library OWC11
- Import Microsoft.Office.Interop.Owc11
- Declare a private variable as Spreasheet
- Do some stuff with the spreadsheet and send it with the response
object
--> Runs ok on my dev machine

Once it runs on the prod server, I get the error :
- Type SpreadSheet is not defined.
When I look at the detailed error, I find "error BC30456: 'Office' is
not a member of 'Microsoft'"

Office 2003 is installed on the server. Office 2003 PIA is installed
on the server.
I fouond in the registry that owc11 interop was targetting the runtime
version v1.1.4322 while only 2.0 is installed.
Could it be the source of the problem?

Any comment/suggestion warmly welcome.

Thanks,

Olivier

oliviers

Hi,

From an aspx (.net 2.0) web site, I basically want to provide my users
[...]

Well, the solution is working by publishing the site instead of just
copying it.
I guess that's the solution.