Registering Office Web Component (MSOWCF.dll) on Server without Of

Guest

Hi,

My ASP.NET application uses the MSOWCF.dll COM component (ms office
functions) and it works fine on my computer with MS Office installed. But I
am trying to upload the application to my web server which does not have MS
office installed. When I execute the application on the server I get an
error message that says that the classid of the MSOWCF.dll is either invalid
or not registered. How do I go about registering this COM? I've tried using
gacutil but I get an error message that says MSOWCF.dll does not have a
strong name. Any ideas on how to go about solving this problem? I would not
be able to install MS Office on the server. So any other way to resolve this?

Thanks!

Guest

Yes, I tried it but it says: "F:\Interop.MSOWCFLib.dll was loaded, but the
DLLRegisterServer entry point was not found. The file can not be registered."

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Coldman

On the office cd there`s a separete .msi file for OWC - try running it on
the server