Working with an array

Steve

Not certain this is the correct newsgroup to post this, but I hope someone
here can help me. I am creating an array from a form field, parsing it, then
posting the data to a database using classic ASP. The problem I am
encountering is that the data is doubling up when posting. For example, if
there is only one item in the array, it will post twice. Below is the code I
am using: If anyone could be of any assistance, I sure would appreciate
it....

if Request.Form.Count > 0 then
if request.form("FormCouponCode") <> "" then
formCpnCode = trim(request.form("FormCouponCode"))
for i = 0 to 32
formCpnCode = replace(formCpnCode,chr(i),"")
next
codeArray = split(formCpnCode,",")
codeArrayCount = uBound(codeArray)

for i = 0 to codeArrayCount
item = codeArray(i)
sql = "SELECT bucksID, bcksNo, bcksOrderID, bcksValue,
bcksActive, bcksCpType FROM bobBucks WHERE bcksNo='" & item & "' and
(bcksActive='yes' or bcksActive='Yes')"
Set rst = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")
rst.Open sql, cnn
if rst.eof then
isCouponGood="no"
bckValue=0
else
isCouponGood=rst("bcksActive")
bckValue=rst("bcksValue")
end if
dim rSql,rst1
Set rst1 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")
rSql = "Select * FROM sfTmpOrdersAE"
rst1.Open rSql, cnn, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic
rst1.AddNew
rst1("odrtmpSessionId") = Session("SessionID")
rst1("odrtmpCouponCode") = item
rst1("odrtmpIsActive") = isCouponGood
rst1("odrtmpValue") = bckValue
rst1.update

next
end if
end if

Steve

Steve

I did not realize the two forums were so closely associated with each
other...normally, I do not post at multiple forums, especially microsoft
ones, but in this case I did not think anyone was going to reply at the asp
message board....I do apologize if that has offended you or anyone else
here.

Steve

Bob Barrows [MVP]

no harm, no foul.

If I _had_ wasted time composing a reply, that would have been a different
story :)

Old Pedant

Steve said:
I do apologize if that has offended you or anyone else here.

No offense taken, at all. Didn't mean to imply any. And no, the forums
aren't closely linked; I think only a handful of us see both. But, still,
it's just good netiquette to say you are posting multiple places, so somebody
can check to see that your question has already been answered, if they want
to, to avoid repetition of work.

Anyway, if I came on too strong, I apologize.

Old Pedant

Steve said:
Not certain this is the correct newsgroup to post this, but I hope someone
here can help me. I am creating an array from a form field, parsing it, then
posting the data to a database using classic ASP. The problem I am
encountering is that the data is doubling up when posting.

If anyone cares... The problem had nothing to do with array usage. Steve had
<input type=submit onclick="this.form.submit( );" ...>
and so of course the HTML was submitting the form twice.