writing a dynamic redirector and feeding it to a param

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Andrew Poulos, Jan 8, 2005.

  1. I've got the following OBJECT code to play .wmv files (it fails with MZ
    but I'm working on it)

    <object
    id="wmvTest"
    type="video/x-ms-wvx"
    width="320"
    height="286">
    <param name="FileName" value="sample.wvx">
    <param name="AutoStart" value="0">
    <param name="ShowControls" value="1">
    </object>

    The .wvx is a redirector file that points to the .wmv files (it's
    supposed to help with streaming the file). The redirector, sample.wvx is
    a very simple XML type file containing just:

    <ASX version = "3.0">
    <Entry>
    <Ref href = "http://www.mydomain.com/sample.wmv" />
    </Entry>
    </ASX>

    The problem is that the 'Ref href' line needs to have an absolute URL
    but I won't know where the files end up. Is there a client-side way to
    generate the file and feed it to the OBJECT, say, as a variable?

    Andrew Poulos

    Andrew Poulos, Jan 8, 2005