WTF: Could not load type 'class'

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by CitrusMotors.com, Jun 7, 2007.

  1. I was in the middle of developing a new Web app with no upgrades, no
    system restores nothing except the modification of some methods, when
    all of the sudden this garbage started popping up during run time:

    Could not load type 'class_type' in file "File:/that_had_worked_fine/
    2_minutes_ago.aspx"

    Most help says to build the project first, or make sure the solution
    is in a virtual folder set up as a web app in IIS. Anyways, duh...but
    that still did not fix my problem.
    I was running VS 2005, sp2 since the beta. The SP2 is the full General
    release now.

    Anyways, after messing with visual source safe after it did not
    release a DTD file for a typed dataset and the designer would not
    display it I ran into a big problem.

    All of the sudden, none of the web pages could find their "Type" from
    the Inhereits directive of the page.

    After messing with this crap for 2 hours, and applying all of the Web
    app designer "Add-in" to Visual studio VS80-KB915364-X86-ENU.exe... I
    figured out what happened.

    the Compiler no longer recognized "CODEBEHIND". Now it only wanted
    "CodeFile". So I just did a search and replace through my 80 web pages
    that were part of the web app than ran fine 20 minutes before the
    problem.

    ANYWAYS. C# 2005 SP2, in middle of dev with no VS restart or naything
    else I had to use CodeFile instead of CodeBehind.

    CitrusMotors.com, Jun 7, 2007