XMLBeans: Exception when parsing a valid XML

thelinuxguy1997

Hi all,

I am new to Java and xmlbeans so I would really appreciate any help or
hint on this matter:
I have a java parser based on xmlbeans that throws an exception when
starts parsing a valid XML file.
1. Here is an excerpt from the faulty code (pretty standard code):

CircuitInquiryResponseDocument m_parsedDoc = null;
try {
System.out.println("getParsedData::uri :"+uri);
File ifile = new File(uri);
m_parsedDoc = CircuitInquiryResponseDocument.Factory.parse(ifile);
//code throws here
//some other code
}
catch (XmlException e)
{
//some exception handling code
}

2. Here is the output:
org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: Unexpected element: CDATA
[Loaded java.lang.StackTraceElement from
/apps/opt/jdk142_06/jre/lib/rt.jar]
at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale$SaxLoader.load(Locale.java:3467)
at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.parse(Locale.java:706)
at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.parseToXmlObject(Locale.java:690)
at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.parseToXmlObject(Locale.java:677)
at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderBase.parse(SchemaTypeLoaderBase.java:208)
at
noNamespace.CircuitInquiryResponseDocument$Factory.parse(Unknown
Source)
at
com.verizon.ncon.nconDataParser.getParsedData(nconDataParser.java:49)
at
com.verizon.ncon.nconDataParser.main(nconDataParser.java:176)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Unexpected element: CDATA
at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.Piccolo.reportFatalError(Piccolo.java:1038)
at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.Piccolo.parse(Piccolo.java:723)
at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale$SaxLoader.load(Locale.java:3435)
... 7 more
Xml exception
java.io.IOException: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error:
Unexpected element: CDATA
at
com.verizon.ncon.nconDataParser.getParsedData(nconDataParser.java:110)
at
com.verizon.ncon.nconDataParser.main(nconDataParser.java:176)

3. The xml file is parsed correctly when using a SAX parser. However,
my company wants us to start using the xmlbeans for parsing xml files.

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter,
Silvio

John Liptak

Hi all,

2. Here is the output:
org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: Unexpected element: CDATA
[Loaded java.lang.StackTraceElement from
/apps/opt/jdk142_06/jre/lib/rt.jar]
at
org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale$SaxLoader.load(Locale.java:3467)
at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.parse(Locale.java:706)
at

The exception is actually coming from the sax parser and complaining about
a CDATA element that it was not expecting. Just because the SAX parser
parsed the xml file does not mean it was correct.

I would look at the file, rather than the code. The code looks ok to me.

Try putting a constant string in your program and seeing if that works.