XMLBeans: Exception when parsing a valid XML

Discussion in 'Java' started by thelinuxguy1997, Apr 22, 2006.

  1. Hi all,

    I am new to Java and xmlbeans so I would really appreciate any help or
    hint on this matter:
    I have a java parser based on xmlbeans that throws an exception when
    starts parsing a valid XML file.
    1. Here is an excerpt from the faulty code (pretty standard code):

    CircuitInquiryResponseDocument m_parsedDoc = null;
    try {
    System.out.println("getParsedData::uri :"+uri);
    File ifile = new File(uri);
    m_parsedDoc = CircuitInquiryResponseDocument.Factory.parse(ifile);
    //code throws here
    //some other code
    }
    catch (XmlException e)
    {
    //some exception handling code
    }

    2. Here is the output:
    org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error: Unexpected element: CDATA
    [Loaded java.lang.StackTraceElement from
    /apps/opt/jdk142_06/jre/lib/rt.jar]
    at
    org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale$SaxLoader.load(Locale.java:3467)
    at org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.parse(Locale.java:706)
    at
    org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.parseToXmlObject(Locale.java:690)
    at
    org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale.parseToXmlObject(Locale.java:677)
    at
    org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.schema.SchemaTypeLoaderBase.parse(SchemaTypeLoaderBase.java:208)
    at
    noNamespace.CircuitInquiryResponseDocument$Factory.parse(Unknown
    Source)
    at
    com.verizon.ncon.nconDataParser.getParsedData(nconDataParser.java:49)
    at
    com.verizon.ncon.nconDataParser.main(nconDataParser.java:176)
    Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Unexpected element: CDATA
    at
    org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.Piccolo.reportFatalError(Piccolo.java:1038)
    at
    org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.piccolo.xml.Piccolo.parse(Piccolo.java:723)
    at
    org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.store.Locale$SaxLoader.load(Locale.java:3435)
    ... 7 more
    Xml exception
    java.io.IOException: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: error:
    Unexpected element: CDATA
    at
    com.verizon.ncon.nconDataParser.getParsedData(nconDataParser.java:110)
    at
    com.verizon.ncon.nconDataParser.main(nconDataParser.java:176)

    3. The xml file is parsed correctly when using a SAX parser. However,
    my company wants us to start using the xmlbeans for parsing xml files.

    Thanks in advance for any help on this matter,
    Silvio

    thelinuxguy1997, Apr 22, 2006

  2. thelinuxguy1997

    John Liptak Guest

    The exception is actually coming from the sax parser and complaining about
    a CDATA element that it was not expecting. Just because the SAX parser
    parsed the xml file does not mean it was correct.

    I would look at the file, rather than the code. The code looks ok to me.

    Try putting a constant string in your program and seeing if that works.

    John Liptak, Apr 25, 2006

  3. thelinuxguy1997

    jim Guest

    My company want me use xmlbeans too.