1979-ish web site?

joseph white

This previous post was a bit of irony

Are you referring to my post (not quoted) or to yours? It's difficult
to tell which since you have only quoted your words.

If "irony" refers to your words, maybe you should use
<hubris>...</hubris> tags around them too:)

Oh silly me, though, I keep forgetting that many of the dependents of
the barbarian hordes who toppled Roman Civilization never developed a
sense of hubris :)

I will take your advice though, and not be troubled by the likes of
you again.

joseph white

Like a dialup BBS?

I did once run a dial up BBS Dan, "Possum Joint", and I shared it's
messages with other BBS's worldwide using FIDO, but has it escaped you
that "79" was a typo for "97"?

In the 1990s, the Internet ended BBSing. The post's text did clarify
that was a typo for most persons.

Barbara de Zoete

Are you referring to my post (not quoted) or to yours?

Like I said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Which you conveniently snipped.
It's difficult
to tell which since you have only quoted your words.

Well, no I did not. These are your words, that I left in:
It has nothing at all to do with geography. Wisdom
coming with age is a myth older persons foist on the youth.

If anything is true, it's the opposite.
If "irony" refers to your words, maybe you should use
<hubris>...</hubris> tags around them too:)

Oh, I see. You're just proud you learned a new little tiny nice word, are
Now said:
Oh silly me, though, I keep forgetting that many of the dependents of
the barbarian hordes who toppled Roman Civilization never developed a
sense of hubris :)

I will take your advice though, and not be troubled by the likes of
you again.

Do yourself a favour and try any of these (hear-say :p ) great groups:
<http://groups.google.com/groups?group=alt.support.dissociation>
<http://groups.google.com/groups?group=alt.support.fart-acceptance>
<http://groups.google.com/groups?group=alt.support.herpes>
<http://groups.google.com/groups?group=alt.support.impotence>
<http://groups.google.com/groups?group=alt.support.learning-difficulties>
<http://groups.google.com/groups?group=alt.support.learning-disab>
<http://groups.google.com/groups?group=alt.support.loneliness>
<http://groups.google.com/groups?group=alt.support.nutty.as.a.fruitcake>
<http://groups.google.com/groups?group=alt.support.personality>
<http://groups.google.com/groups?group=alt.support.social-phobia>
or any other appropriate group at the
<http://groups.google.com/groups?group=alt.support> hierarchy.

And as a side effect do us a favour too.

Cheers,

joseph white

Isn't 1704 ancient enough?

On Jay Leno's "Jaywalker" segment of his TV show, he once asked a
university coed, "About when was Jesus around?". Her reply was, "back
in the 18th Century", so that my saying "centuries" when I meant
"millennia" being noticed by so many of you is comforting, indeed.

Jeffrey Silverman

I did once run a dial up BBS Dan, "Possum Joint", and I shared it's
messages with other BBS's worldwide using FIDO, but has it escaped you
that "79" was a typo for "97"?

In the 1990s, the Internet ended BBSing. The post's text did clarify
that was a typo for most persons.

Cynicism detector out of whack, eh, Joe?

Robert

At least you could have gave him some constructive criticism and tell him
how to make it better instead of just saying it sucks