"Access forbidden" when creating a new ASP.NET project

Patrick Spence

(sorry 'bout the multipost)

VS.NET 2003 v 7.1.3088
..NET Framework v1.1.4322
XP Pro
IIS 5.0

When I try to create a ASP.NET application, I get the following error...

The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or
open the Web project located at the following URL:
'http://localhost/webApp2'. 'HTTP/1.1 403 Access Forbidden'

BTW, this problem seems to have raised it's head after I uninstalled an
earlier version of .NET, and it only happens when creating a new web app.
Sounds suspiciously like problem with rights or permissions.

Ideas anyone?

Guest

When I try to create a ASP.NET application, I get the following error...

The Web server reported the following error when attempting to create or
open the Web project located at the following URL:
'http://localhost/webApp2'. 'HTTP/1.1 403 Access Forbidden'

BTW, this problem seems to have raised it's head after I uninstalled an
earlier version of .NET, and it only happens when creating a new web app.
Sounds suspiciously like problem with rights or permissions.

Ideas anyone?

.

http://weblogs.asp.net/jblizzard/posts/10623.aspx

Patrick Spence

The execute permissions for the Default Web Site, Home Directory had somehow
gotten set to "None". Resetting it to "Scripts only" fixed the problem...

1) Start up MMC and open IIS.MSC
2) Right click on "Default Web Site"
3) Select "Properties" menu option
4) Click on the "Home Directory" tab
5) Click the "Execute Permissions" drop down listbox and select "Scripts
only"

Thanks for the link!