Accessibility layout (Opera)

Luigi Donatello Asero

Blinky the Shark said:
They're indicated correctly in a real text browser. But yeah, I know,
you'd rather check text rendering in an emulator than with a real text
browser. For some silly reason.

For some reason which you do not understand.

Martin Jay

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
By browsing the page
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/faktaomitalien.php while using
Opera in user mode Accessibility layout and Emulate text browser I see
some links which are not underlined in a proper way. What is wrong with
them?

I've had a look and I couldn't find any links that were not showing up
as expected. Would you please highlight some examples of this problem
so I can have another look.

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Luigi Donatello Asero
while using Opera in user mode Accessibility layout and Emulate text
browser I
see some links which are not underlined in a proper way.

Looks fine to me. Which links?

Luigi Donatello Asero

Mark Parnell said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Luigi Donatello Asero

Looks fine to me. Which links?

For example:
Fakta om Italien
Förmedling av hyresrätter till bostäder för fritidsändamål
Vad kostar hyresförmedling
Boende i Italien
************************
The following six links beginning with
Karta över Italien
are underlined in a proper way

Mark Parnell

Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Luigi Donatello Asero
Fakta om Italien

This is the only one that looks wrong, and it's only when using the text
browser emulation. It appears with a strike-through, instead of an
underline.

None of the text browsers I have here underline links anyway, so I
wouldn't worry about it.

Martin Jay

Mark Parnell said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Luigi Donatello Asero

This is the only one that looks wrong, and it's only when using the text
browser emulation. It appears with a strike-through, instead of an
underline.

None of the text browsers I have here underline links anyway, so I
wouldn't worry about it.

Same here in Opera 8.54 and Opera 9.00 Beta. It's an interesting
problem, and I cannot see what's causing it.

Removing the offending line from the document causes the problem to be
transferred to the next line.

But I don't think Luigi should spend too many sleepless nights worrying
about it. :)

dorayme

Blinky the Shark said:
They're indicated correctly in a real text browser. But yeah, I know,
you'd rather check text rendering in an emulator than with a real text
browser. For some silly reason.

Wow! You are not wasting any time getting stuck into Luigi here.

Blinky the Shark

dorayme said:
Wow! You are not wasting any time getting stuck into Luigi here.

Nah. I put a two-post limit on responding to him in this thread, before
I posted. :)

-
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Blinky the Shark

Mark said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Luigi Donatello
Asero

This is the only one that looks wrong, and it's only when using the
text browser emulation. It appears with a strike-through, instead of
an underline.

None of the text browsers I have here underline links anyway, so I
wouldn't worry about it.

Yeah, but he's not really writing for text browsers -- only Opera in
text emulation mode. :)

Toby Inkster

Mark said:
This is the only one that looks wrong, and it's only when using the text
browser emulation. It appears with a strike-through, instead of an
underline.

a:link { text-decoration: underline; }
a:visited { text-decoration: line-through; }

Jonathan N. Little

Blinky said:
Yeah, but he's not really writing for text browsers -- only Opera in
text emulation mode. :)

Oops you broke your self-imposed '2 posts limit' on Luigi threads! Man,
you're infected!!

Luigi Donatello Asero

Mark Parnell said:
Deciding to do something for the good of humanity, Luigi Donatello Asero

This is the only one that looks wrong, and it's only when using the text
browser emulation. It appears with a strike-through, instead of an
underline.

None of the text browsers I have here underline links anyway, so I
wouldn't worry about it.

Did you browse the page by using Opera and in the same user mode as I did?
If so, I wonder why it was displayed in another way by this screen I am
writing on!

Luigi Donatello Asero

Martin Jay said:
I've had a look and I couldn't find any links that were not showing up
as expected. Would you please highlight some examples of this problem
so I can have another look.

What do you mean?
I thought I hade done it.

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Ok.
Is that standard for Opera?

I have only used Opera for a short time, so I know very little about this
browser, so far.

Blinky the Shark

Jonathan said:
Oops you broke your self-imposed '2 posts limit' on Luigi threads!
Man, you're infected!!

No, I did not.

Here's what I said: "I put a two-post limit on responding to him in this
thread, before I posted."

Note "to him". That's Luigi. And I responded exactly twice *to him*.
I said nothing about other responses in the thread.