ASP.NET and Window XP Home Edition

Guest

Hi,

Please tell me if there is some way to practice ASP.NET application in my
computer which has Window XP Home Edition?...The ASP.NET manual told me that
its application can only run on Window XP professional. I cannot get risk of
what I have in my hard drive to reinstall the XP professional version.

I appriciate any help.

Thanks,
david c.

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

david c. said:
Please tell me if there is some way to practice ASP.NET application in my
computer which has Window XP Home Edition?...The ASP.NET manual told me that
its application can only run on Window XP professional. I cannot get risk of
what I have in my hard drive to reinstall the XP professional version.

Web Matrix will allow you to develop ASP.NET on XP Home:
http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=4&tabid=46

Karl Seguin

Neat,
Didn't know web matrix had it's own built-in webserver (looking at the FAQ i
see it does).

Ivan Belov

Neat,
Didn't know web matrix had it's own built-in webserver (looking at the FAQ
see it does).

It's actually the same Cassini thingie you mentioned earlier. :))

/Ivan Belov/

Guest

Thank you everyone for your quick response. I will try your suggestion
tonight.

Your help is very thoughtful and being appreciated. I will get back to our
group soon.

david c.