    I appriciate any help.

    Thanks,
    david c.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2aWQgYy4=?=, Jan 25, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2aWQgYy4=?=

    Karl Seguin Guest

    David:
    You have everything you need except for a webserver. You can use the
    Microsoft Cassini Web Server:
    http://www.asp.net/Projects/Cassini/Download/Default.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1

    or you can attempt to follow:
    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general/msg/97df7903d9b477d8

    but that isn't supported <insert disclaimer here> sorta thing...

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    http://www.openmymind.net/

    "david c." <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Please tell me if there is some way to practice ASP.NET application in my
    > computer which has Window XP Home Edition?...The ASP.NET manual told me

    that
    > its application can only run on Window XP professional. I cannot get risk

    of

    Karl Seguin, Jan 25, 2005

  3. "david c." <> wrote in message
    > Please tell me if there is some way to practice ASP.NET application in my
    > computer which has Window XP Home Edition?...The ASP.NET manual told me

    that
    > its application can only run on Window XP professional. I cannot get risk

    of
    > what I have in my hard drive to reinstall the XP professional version.

    Web Matrix will allow you to develop ASP.NET on XP Home:
    http://www.asp.net/Default.aspx?tabindex=4&tabid=46

    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Jan 25, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2aWQgYy4=?=

    Karl Seguin Guest

    Neat,
    Didn't know web matrix had it's own built-in webserver (looking at the FAQ i
    see it does).

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    http://www.openmymind.net/

    Karl Seguin, Jan 25, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2aWQgYy4=?=

    Ivan Belov Guest

    > Neat,
    > Didn't know web matrix had it's own built-in webserver (looking at the FAQ
    > see it does).

    It's actually the same Cassini thingie you mentioned earlier. :))

    /Ivan Belov/

    Ivan Belov, Jan 25, 2005
  6. Thank you everyone for your quick response. I will try your suggestion
    tonight.

    Your help is very thoughtful and being appreciated. I will get back to our
    group soon.

    david c.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2aWQgYy4=?=, Jan 25, 2005