    What am I doing wrong or what is the matter with opera and firefox?

    Thanks for answering

    Gregor

    Gregor Traven, Dec 1, 2004

  2. Gregor Traven

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Dec 1, 2004

  3. Gregor Traven

    Spartanicus Guest

    "Gregor Traven" <> wrote:

    >I have embeded a video clip into my webpage (below is the code). The problem
    >is that it autostarts in opera and firefox meanwhile it doesn't autostart in
    >IE which is what I want as is obvious from the code below.
    >
    ><embed type="application/x-mplayer2"
    > pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/"
    >src="../vse_potrebno/lutkovna_predstava_kam_pa_kam/kam_pa_kam_mali.wmv"
    >align="middle" width="320" height="290"
    > showcontrols="1" autostart="false"> </embed>
    >
    >What am I doing wrong

    1) Attempting to embed video: don't, if successful it causes an
    (typically huge) external application to start before the user has
    chosen to play the video.
    2) Using non standard markup, embed is not part of any spec.
    3) There's no fall back, only embedded players are able to play the
    media. Leave the choice of player and whether or not to allow it to be
    embedded into the browser to the user.

    http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm

    --
    Spartanicus