autostart video clip

Gregor Traven

Hi

I have embeded a video clip into my webpage (below is the code). The problem
is that it autostarts in opera and firefox meanwhile it doesn't autostart in
IE which is what I want as is obvious from the code below.

<embed type="application/x-mplayer2"
pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/"
src="../vse_potrebno/lutkovna_predstava_kam_pa_kam/kam_pa_kam_mali.wmv"
align="middle" width="320" height="290"
showcontrols="1" autostart="false"> </embed>

What am I doing wrong or what is the matter with opera and firefox?

Thanks for answering

Gregor

Spartanicus

Gregor Traven said:
I have embeded a video clip into my webpage (below is the code). The problem
is that it autostarts in opera and firefox meanwhile it doesn't autostart in
IE which is what I want as is obvious from the code below.

<embed type="application/x-mplayer2"
pluginspage="http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/Downloads/Contents/Products/MediaPlayer/"
src="../vse_potrebno/lutkovna_predstava_kam_pa_kam/kam_pa_kam_mali.wmv"
align="middle" width="320" height="290"
showcontrols="1" autostart="false"> </embed>

What am I doing wrong

1) Attempting to embed video: don't, if successful it causes an
(typically huge) external application to start before the user has
chosen to play the video.
2) Using non standard markup, embed is not part of any spec.
3) There's no fall back, only embedded players are able to play the
media. Leave the choice of player and whether or not to allow it to be
embedded into the browser to the user.

http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm