debugging SPs in VS.NET

G Dean Blake

I have followed examples in a couple of books but am still unable to step
into Stored Procedures in VS.NET.

I enable sql debugging in the project properties, open the sp in server
explorer and highlight a line where I want to start stepping through, then I
select a line in my VB code such as cmd.ExecuteNonQuery().

But vs.net does not step into the SP it just steps over the
cmd.ExecuteNonQuery() even though I am clicking on the Step Into icon on the
toolbar (F8 doesn't work on my computer)

Am I missing something?
Thanks,

Guest

can do this through the server explorer: open the sproc in question, set
breakpoints and param values and run. I have not, to this date, had any
success stepping in in VS.NET (VS 2005 is a different story. Yeah!).

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

G Dean Blake

Sorry but you say "can do" then you say "I have not...had any success
stepping in"
are you saying that it does work or it does not work?