error 'ASP 0115'

Martin

After years of faithfull service I am now getting this error:
Unexpected error

/<root>/page.asp

A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue
running.

A reboot will fix the problem for a short time 4-5 hours

Does anyone know how to fix this - I'm running on iis 4.0 NT4.0sp6a

TIA

Martin

Ken Schaefer

Any external objects being used on page.asp?

Cheers
Ken

: After years of faithfull service I am now getting this error:
: Unexpected error
:
: /<root>/page.asp
:
: A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot
continue
: running.
:
: A reboot will fix the problem for a short time 4-5 hours
:
: Does anyone know how to fix this - I'm running on iis 4.0 NT4.0sp6a
:
: TIA
:
: Martin
:
:

Andrew Cox

Martin said:
After years of faithfull service I am now getting this error:
Unexpected error

/<root>/page.asp

A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue
running.

A reboot will fix the problem for a short time 4-5 hours

Does anyone know how to fix this - I'm running on iis 4.0 NT4.0sp6a

TIA

Martin

I had a very similar problem (NT4, IIS 4.0 as well), but in my pains
to find the solution, I realized that it could've been any number of
things.

All I can offer is what finally fixed it for me - I was using Oracle
and had to change the database driver from Oracle's to Microsoft's.
Not sure if this means anything to you, but I changed it from:

OraOLEDB.Oracle

MSADORA.1

Good luck!

Andrew

Martin

Martin said:
After years of faithfull service I am now getting this error:
Unexpected error

/<root>/page.asp

A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue
running.

A reboot will fix the problem for a short time 4-5 hours

Does anyone know how to fix this - I'm running on iis 4.0 NT4.0sp6a

TIA

Martin

Martin

Sry about the blank post - up all night trying to figure this out - I think
I may have found the culprit - ASPDNS.DNSLookup, if it was this object
though would it not have given me the problem on implementation?This is the
only 3rd party com object I use. Any how I will disable this feature and see
how it goes - Thanks to all for your help