    Does anyone know how to fix this - I'm running on iis 4.0 NT4.0sp6a

    TIA

    Martin

    Martin, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Martin

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    Any external objects being used on page.asp?

    Cheers
    Ken

    "Martin" <> wrote in message
    : After years of faithfull service I am now getting this error:
    : Unexpected error
    :
    : /<root>/page.asp
    :
    : A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot
    continue
    : running.
    :
    : A reboot will fix the problem for a short time 4-5 hours
    :

    Ken Schaefer, Oct 21, 2003

  3. http://www.aspfaq.com/2171

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Oct 21, 2003
  4. Martin

    Andrew Cox Guest

    "Martin" <> wrote in message news:<ux$>...
    > After years of faithfull service I am now getting this error:
    > Unexpected error
    >
    > /<root>/page.asp
    >
    > A trappable error occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue
    > running.
    >
    > A reboot will fix the problem for a short time 4-5 hours
    >
    > Does anyone know how to fix this - I'm running on iis 4.0 NT4.0sp6a
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Martin

    I had a very similar problem (NT4, IIS 4.0 as well), but in my pains
    to find the solution, I realized that it could've been any number of
    things.

    All I can offer is what finally fixed it for me - I was using Oracle
    and had to change the database driver from Oracle's to Microsoft's.
    Not sure if this means anything to you, but I changed it from:

    OraOLEDB.Oracle

    MSADORA.1

    Good luck!

    Andrew

    Andrew Cox, Oct 21, 2003
  5. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Martin, Oct 21, 2003
  6. Martin

    Martin Guest

    Sry about the blank post - up all night trying to figure this out - I think
    I may have found the culprit - ASPDNS.DNSLookup, if it was this object
    though would it not have given me the problem on implementation?This is the
    only 3rd party com object I use. Any how I will disable this feature and see
    how it goes - Thanks to all for your help

    Martin, Oct 21, 2003