Frames problem

Shabam

I need to post a popup code in a page with a frameset. However, the popup
will be auto-inserted at the very top the source code. I know this is bad
html syntax, but is it possible to do this?

Basically here's the main frame source:

<FRAMESET COLS="22%,78%">
<FRAME NAME="A" SRC="left.htm">
<FRAME NAME="B" SRC="right.htm">
</FRAMESET>

I need to place code before the starting "<html>" that will pop up a window.
Help?

dorayme

Is it just me that is getting all this rubbish suddenly
from alt.html? Millions of posts about laxatives and
bottoms and so on. I have not known alt.html to generate so
much as lately. Just wondering if there has been an unusual
burst of craziness or whether my news reading software is
doing something odd...

dorayme

(please don't take this as an opportunity to cane me for my
past transgressions. This new stuff is seriously and
plentifully pathological and I don't like it and it is a
great bore to have to filter things. How does one filter
the people who reply to this "mad hatter" character? I'll
work it out maybe, don't worry too much)

Safalra

dorayme said:
Is it just me that is getting all this rubbish suddenly
from alt.html? Millions of posts about laxatives and
bottoms and so on. I have not known alt.html to generate so
much as lately. Just wondering if there has been an unusual
burst of craziness or whether my news reading software is
doing something odd...

It's effecting Google Groups too. *ducks under thrown brick* I presume
someone's adding irrelevant follow up headers (I don't dare look at one
of those threads to find out). Speaking of headers, is there any
particular reason why your message included this one:

Ed Jay

dorayme said:
Is it just me that is getting all this rubbish suddenly
from alt.html? Millions of posts about laxatives and
bottoms and so on. I have not known alt.html to generate so
much as lately. Just wondering if there has been an unusual
burst of craziness or whether my news reading software is
doing something odd...
I'm not seeing any spam here. (Using Forte Inc's news server.)

Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

Stan McCann

Is it just me that is getting all this rubbish suddenly
from alt.html? Millions of posts about laxatives and
bottoms and so on. I have not known alt.html to generate so
much as lately. Just wondering if there has been an unusual
burst of craziness or whether my news reading software is
doing something odd...

I'm seeing the same crap. I just scroll by not knowing nor caring. I
guess I'm just too used to the 100 or so of that kind of junk I see in
my email every morning.
dorayme

(please don't take this as an opportunity to cane me for my
past transgressions. This new stuff is seriously and

Don't know about past transgressions but I'll swing the cane a couple
of times. Sounds like fun. :)
plentifully pathological and I don't like it and it is a
great bore to have to filter things. How does one filter
the people who reply to this "mad hatter" character? I'll
work it out maybe, don't worry too much)

Yeah, that one is in my kf (a few times I think) and if I'm reading
something and it is a reply to mh, if positive toward mh, kf, if
negative, I might not.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
Is it just me that is getting all this rubbish suddenly
from alt.html? Millions of posts about laxatives and
bottoms and so on.

Hmm, your message shows up as a *reply* to a message from a guy named
Shabam with a Frames question on my newsreader. Did you reply to that
message by accident (-although there's no "re:" in the title) or commit
any other typical woman faux pas?

Barbara de Zoete

Objection!

Leave him be, Els. Every group, be it in real life or usenet, has a nitwit about
that thinks so low of him self, thinks he missed out terribly in his life, so
that all he can think of to present himself at all is to put other people down,
degrade them, usually a group of people, sometimes blacks, sometimes
homosexuals, sometimes women, what ever he feel less comfortable to be around
with. He remembers it being succesful for him when he was about thirteen years
old and keeps trying the same trick, never noticing that people pitty him for
his appearently empty, meaningless and little life.

Barbara de Zoete

Oh come one, Barbara, the man is joking!

No, he's not. Do you see me laughing? It is all he can do, be very unfriendly
about women in about eight out of ten messages. It is the kind of jokes a small
personallity needs or a teenager just starting to drink beer. Not a grown-up.
Replace all the occurences of woman or women in his messages with muslim or
black, and you see the problem a lot clearer.

Els

Barbara said:
No, he's not. Do you see me laughing?

No, but that may be cause you're serious :)
It is all he can do, be very unfriendly
about women in about eight out of ten messages. It is the kind of jokes a small
personallity needs or a teenager just starting to drink beer. Not a grown-up.
Replace all the occurences of woman or women in his messages with muslim or
black, and you see the problem a lot clearer.

Well, I too joke about men not being able to ask for directions, and I
can give you an extensive list with remarks about the inferiority and
stupidity of men. If you'd replace 'men' in those lines by black or
muslim, you'd call me a racist. If you'd pay attention to what I say
about men usually, you'd call me a feminist, which may well be the
opposite of a sexist. Thing is, I don't have a problem with it, unless
I'd see the man was dead serious about thinking women are inferior. I
haven't paid enough attention maybe to see that he is like that, but
so far I don't get that impression. My "Objection!" was meant as a
joke, even though I didn't write a smiley. I took his remark as a joke
too.

Barbara de Zoete

No, but that may be cause you're serious :)

That is probably because this is all to easy not a laughing matter for all
people who are reading this newsgroup and others.
Thing is, I don't have a problem with it, unless
I'd see the man was dead serious about thinking women are inferior.

How are you going to be able to see that in communications in a newsgroup?

Els

Barbara said:
That is probably because this is all to easy not a laughing matter for all
people who are reading this newsgroup and others.

Hold on. Are you sure you don't have a chip on your shoulder about
this issue yourself? Of course it's not laughing matter when men look
down on women (or vice versa). But I still think it was a joke. The
fact that you didn't see it as a joke, makes it a serious matter for
you. It doesn't mean "all people who are reading this newsgroup" took
it seriously and got offended like you did.
How are you going to be able to see that in communications in a newsgroup?

The same way you have decided he is serious about it?

Barbara de Zoete

It doesn't mean "all people who are reading this newsgroup" took
it seriously and got offended like you did.

That's not exactly what I meant. I more or less meant to say that it could be
that for who ever reads this group. Didn't come out that way. But never mind
that.
The same way you have decided he is serious about it?

You mean:
- Never a smiley of some sort;
- All too many posts having a remark like this (or did that change recently;
I've kf'd him quite a while ago);
- Mostly silly posts and remarks, instead of some serious contribution every
once in a while.

That told me that either he was a jerk because he didn't know when to quit
joking, or he was a jerk because he wasn't joking. Either way: he is not serious
about any of the groups he participates in and I dislike his posts particuarly
because of that, come to think of it.

Maybe time to quit this thread, okay? It is in no way on topic (it didn't even
start as such) and publicly discussing another participants behaviour is not
very good behaviour of me, I think.

dorayme

From: Neredbojias said:
With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:

Hmm, your message shows up as a *reply* to a message from a guy named
Shabam with a Frames question on my newsreader. Did you reply to that
message by accident (-although there's no "re:" in the title) or commit
any other typical woman faux pas?

I forget, I might have hit reply to something and changed the subject, it is
a woman's right isn't it Big Boy?

dorayme

rf

Els wrote
Oh come one, Barbara, the man is joking!

If he's joking then the joke has gone sour.

I'm with Barbara on this one. I stopped looking at his posts weeks ago.

Cheers
Richard.

rf

dorayme said:
Is it just me that is getting all this rubbish suddenly
from alt.html? Millions of posts about laxatives and
bottoms and so on.

Anything that includes the number 2600 in the to field may be safely
trashed.

Cheers
Richard.

dorayme

From: "Barbara de Zoete said:
No, he's not. Do you see me laughing? It is all he can do, be very unfriendly
about women in about eight out of ten messages. It is the kind of jokes a
small
personallity needs or a teenager just starting to drink beer. Not a grown-up.
Replace all the occurences of woman or women in his messages with muslim or
black, and you see the problem a lot clearer.

When he first posted, I was pissed off with him. That is
why I have been forever trying to get him beaten up by the
cop in LA Confidential who had a hatred for men who
mistreated women... But if you look a bit deeper into this
feller's psychology, you will notice he is to be
distinguished from a nastier type of man who disparages
women. I suspect he has a patter that sits more
superficially on top of his brain. In my experience, dear,
it is the men that behave badly rather than just talk badly
that should raise our hackles more. Try to be more
understanding, a little bit of humour is not so bad...

dorayme (whose femininity is to the fore just this minute)

(Hey, Neredbojias: Whack!)