    </FRAMESET>

    I need to place code before the starting "<html>" that will pop up a window.
    Help?

    Shabam, Aug 20, 2005

  2. Shabam

    dorayme Guest

    What is going on?

    Is it just me that is getting all this rubbish suddenly
    from alt.html? Millions of posts about laxatives and
    bottoms and so on. I have not known alt.html to generate so
    much as lately. Just wondering if there has been an unusual
    burst of craziness or whether my news reading software is
    doing something odd...

    dorayme

    (please don't take this as an opportunity to cane me for my
    past transgressions. This new stuff is seriously and
    plentifully pathological and I don't like it and it is a
    great bore to have to filter things. How does one filter
    the people who reply to this "mad hatter" character? I'll
    work it out maybe, don't worry too much)

    dorayme, Aug 20, 2005

  3. Shabam

    Safalra Guest

    Re: What is going on?

    dorayme wrote:
    > Is it just me that is getting all this rubbish suddenly
    > from alt.html? Millions of posts about laxatives and
    > bottoms and so on. I have not known alt.html to generate so
    > much as lately. Just wondering if there has been an unusual
    > burst of craziness or whether my news reading software is
    > doing something odd...

    It's effecting Google Groups too. *ducks under thrown brick* I presume
    someone's adding irrelevant follow up headers (I don't dare look at one
    of those threads to find out). Speaking of headers, is there any
    particular reason why your message included this one:

    --
    Safalra (Stephen Morley)
    http://www.safalra.com/hypertext/

    Safalra, Aug 20, 2005
  4. Shabam

    Ed Jay Guest

    Re: What is going on?

    dorayme <> wrote:

    >Is it just me that is getting all this rubbish suddenly
    >from alt.html? Millions of posts about laxatives and
    >bottoms and so on. I have not known alt.html to generate so
    >much as lately. Just wondering if there has been an unusual
    >burst of craziness or whether my news reading software is
    >doing something odd...

    I'm not seeing any spam here. (Using Forte Inc's news server.)

    Ed Jay (remove M to respond)

    Ed Jay, Aug 20, 2005
  5. Shabam

    Stan McCann Guest

    Re: What is going on?

    dorayme <> wrote in news:BF2D62AF.15EAF%
    :

    > Is it just me that is getting all this rubbish suddenly
    > from alt.html? Millions of posts about laxatives and
    > bottoms and so on. I have not known alt.html to generate so
    > much as lately. Just wondering if there has been an unusual
    > burst of craziness or whether my news reading software is
    > doing something odd...

    I'm seeing the same crap. I just scroll by not knowing nor caring. I
    guess I'm just too used to the 100 or so of that kind of junk I see in
    my email every morning.

    > dorayme
    >
    > (please don't take this as an opportunity to cane me for my
    > past transgressions. This new stuff is seriously and

    Don't know about past transgressions but I'll swing the cane a couple
    of times. Sounds like fun. :)

    > plentifully pathological and I don't like it and it is a
    > great bore to have to filter things. How does one filter
    > the people who reply to this "mad hatter" character? I'll
    > work it out maybe, don't worry too much)

    Yeah, that one is in my kf (a few times I think) and if I'm reading
    something and it is a reply to mh, if positive toward mh, kf, if
    negative, I might not.

    http://alamo.nmsu.edu/ There are 10 kinds of people.
    Those that understand binary and those that don't.

    Stan McCann, Aug 20, 2005
  6. Shabam

    Neredbojias Guest

    Re: What is going on?

    With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:

    > Is it just me that is getting all this rubbish suddenly
    > from alt.html? Millions of posts about laxatives and
    > bottoms and so on.

    Hmm, your message shows up as a *reply* to a message from a guy named
    Shabam with a Frames question on my newsreader. Did you reply to that
    message by accident (-although there's no "re:" in the title) or commit
    any other typical woman faux pas?

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Aug 20, 2005
  7. Shabam

    Els Guest

    Re: What is going on?

    Neredbojias wrote:

    > Did you reply to that
    > message by accident (-although there's no "re:" in the title) or commit
    > any other typical woman faux pas?

    Objection!

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Aug 20, 2005
  8. Re: What is going on?

    On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:03:28 +0200, Els <> wrote:

    > Neredbojias wrote:
    >
    >> Did you reply to that
    >> message by accident (-although there's no "re:" in the title) or commit
    >> any other typical woman faux pas?

    > Objection!

    Leave him be, Els. Every group, be it in real life or usenet, has a nitwit about
    that thinks so low of him self, thinks he missed out terribly in his life, so
    that all he can think of to present himself at all is to put other people down,
    degrade them, usually a group of people, sometimes blacks, sometimes
    homosexuals, sometimes women, what ever he feel less comfortable to be around
    with. He remembers it being succesful for him when he was about thirteen years
    old and keeps trying the same trick, never noticing that people pitty him for
    his appearently empty, meaningless and little life.

    Barbara de Zoete, Aug 20, 2005
  9. Shabam

    Els Guest

    Re: What is going on?

    Barbara de Zoete wrote:

    > On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:03:28 +0200, Els <> wrote:
    >
    >> Neredbojias wrote:
    >>
    >>> Did you reply to that
    >>> message by accident (-although there's no "re:" in the title) or commit
    >>> any other typical woman faux pas?

    >> Objection!

    > Leave him be, Els. Every group, be it in real life or usenet, has a nitwit about

    Oh come one, Barbara, the man is joking!

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Aug 20, 2005
  10. Re: What is going on?

    On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:31:26 +0200, Els <> wrote:

    > Barbara de Zoete wrote:
    >
    >> Leave him be, Els. Every group, be it in real life or usenet, has a nitwit
    >> about

    > Oh come one, Barbara, the man is joking!

    No, he's not. Do you see me laughing? It is all he can do, be very unfriendly
    about women in about eight out of ten messages. It is the kind of jokes a small
    personallity needs or a teenager just starting to drink beer. Not a grown-up.
    Replace all the occurences of woman or women in his messages with muslim or
    black, and you see the problem a lot clearer.

    Barbara de Zoete, Aug 20, 2005
  11. Shabam

    Els Guest

    Re: What is going on?

    Barbara de Zoete wrote:

    > On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:31:26 +0200, Els <> wrote:
    >
    >> Barbara de Zoete wrote:
    >>
    >>> Leave him be, Els. Every group, be it in real life or usenet, has a nitwit
    >>> about

    >> Oh come one, Barbara, the man is joking!
    >>

    > No, he's not. Do you see me laughing?

    No, but that may be cause you're serious :)

    > It is all he can do, be very unfriendly
    > about women in about eight out of ten messages. It is the kind of jokes a small
    > personallity needs or a teenager just starting to drink beer. Not a grown-up.
    > Replace all the occurences of woman or women in his messages with muslim or
    > black, and you see the problem a lot clearer.

    Well, I too joke about men not being able to ask for directions, and I
    can give you an extensive list with remarks about the inferiority and
    stupidity of men. If you'd replace 'men' in those lines by black or
    muslim, you'd call me a racist. If you'd pay attention to what I say
    about men usually, you'd call me a feminist, which may well be the
    opposite of a sexist. Thing is, I don't have a problem with it, unless
    I'd see the man was dead serious about thinking women are inferior. I
    haven't paid enough attention maybe to see that he is like that, but
    so far I don't get that impression. My "Objection!" was meant as a
    joke, even though I didn't write a smiley. I took his remark as a joke
    too.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Aug 20, 2005
  12. Re: What is going on?

    On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:57:43 +0200, Els <> wrote:

    > Barbara de Zoete wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:31:26 +0200, Els <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Oh come one, Barbara, the man is joking!

    >> No, he's not. Do you see me laughing?

    > No, but that may be cause you're serious :)

    That is probably because this is all to easy not a laughing matter for all
    people who are reading this newsgroup and others.

    > Thing is, I don't have a problem with it, unless
    > I'd see the man was dead serious about thinking women are inferior.

    How are you going to be able to see that in communications in a newsgroup?

    Barbara de Zoete, Aug 20, 2005
  13. Shabam

    Els Guest

    Re: What is going on?

    Barbara de Zoete wrote:

    > On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:57:43 +0200, Els <> wrote:
    >
    >> Barbara de Zoete wrote:

    >>> No, he's not. Do you see me laughing?

    >> No, but that may be cause you're serious :)

    > That is probably because this is all to easy not a laughing matter for all
    > people who are reading this newsgroup and others.

    Hold on. Are you sure you don't have a chip on your shoulder about
    this issue yourself? Of course it's not laughing matter when men look
    down on women (or vice versa). But I still think it was a joke. The
    fact that you didn't see it as a joke, makes it a serious matter for
    you. It doesn't mean "all people who are reading this newsgroup" took
    it seriously and got offended like you did.

    >> Thing is, I don't have a problem with it, unless
    >> I'd see the man was dead serious about thinking women are inferior.

    > How are you going to be able to see that in communications in a newsgroup?

    The same way you have decided he is serious about it?

    Els, Aug 20, 2005
  14. Re: What is going on?

    On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 22:10:19 +0200, Els <> wrote:

    > Barbara de Zoete wrote:
    >
    >> That is probably because this is all to easy not a laughing matter for all
    >> people who are reading this newsgroup and others.

    > It doesn't mean "all people who are reading this newsgroup" took
    > it seriously and got offended like you did.

    That's not exactly what I meant. I more or less meant to say that it could be
    that for who ever reads this group. Didn't come out that way. But never mind
    that.

    >>> Thing is, I don't have a problem with it, unless
    >>> I'd see the man was dead serious about thinking women are inferior.

    >> How are you going to be able to see that in communications in a newsgroup?

    > The same way you have decided he is serious about it?

    You mean:
    - Never a smiley of some sort;
    - All too many posts having a remark like this (or did that change recently;
    I've kf'd him quite a while ago);
    - Mostly silly posts and remarks, instead of some serious contribution every
    once in a while.

    That told me that either he was a jerk because he didn't know when to quit
    joking, or he was a jerk because he wasn't joking. Either way: he is not serious
    about any of the groups he participates in and I dislike his posts particuarly
    because of that, come to think of it.

    Maybe time to quit this thread, okay? It is in no way on topic (it didn't even
    start as such) and publicly discussing another participants behaviour is not
    very good behaviour of me, I think.

    Barbara de Zoete, Aug 20, 2005
  15. Shabam

    Els Guest

    Re: What is going on?

    Barbara de Zoete wrote:

    > Maybe time to quit this thread, okay?

    Done ;-)

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Aug 20, 2005
  16. Shabam

    dorayme Guest

    Re: What is going on?

    > From: Neredbojias <>
    >
    > With neither quill nor qualm, dorayme quothed:
    >
    >> Is it just me that is getting all this rubbish suddenly
    >> from alt.html? Millions of posts about laxatives and
    >> bottoms and so on.

    > Hmm, your message shows up as a *reply* to a message from a guy named
    > Shabam with a Frames question on my newsreader. Did you reply to that
    > message by accident (-although there's no "re:" in the title) or commit
    > any other typical woman faux pas?

    I forget, I might have hit reply to something and changed the subject, it is
    a woman's right isn't it Big Boy?

    dorayme

    dorayme, Aug 20, 2005
  17. Shabam

    rf Guest

    Re: What is going on?

    Els wrote

    > Oh come one, Barbara, the man is joking!

    If he's joking then the joke has gone sour.

    I'm with Barbara on this one. I stopped looking at his posts weeks ago.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Aug 20, 2005
  18. Shabam

    rf Guest

    Re: What is going on?

    dorayme wrote:

    > Is it just me that is getting all this rubbish suddenly
    > from alt.html? Millions of posts about laxatives and
    > bottoms and so on.

    Anything that includes the number 2600 in the to field may be safely
    trashed.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Aug 20, 2005
  19. Shabam

    dorayme Guest

    Re: What is going on?

    > From: "Barbara de Zoete" <>
    >
    > On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:31:26 +0200, Els <> wrote:
    >
    >> Barbara de Zoete wrote:
    >>
    >>> Leave him be, Els. Every group, be it in real life or usenet, has a nitwit
    >>> about

    >> Oh come one, Barbara, the man is joking!
    >>

    > No, he's not. Do you see me laughing? It is all he can do, be very unfriendly
    > about women in about eight out of ten messages. It is the kind of jokes a
    > small
    > personallity needs or a teenager just starting to drink beer. Not a grown-up.
    > Replace all the occurences of woman or women in his messages with muslim or
    > black, and you see the problem a lot clearer.

    When he first posted, I was pissed off with him. That is
    why I have been forever trying to get him beaten up by the
    cop in LA Confidential who had a hatred for men who
    mistreated women... But if you look a bit deeper into this
    feller's psychology, you will notice he is to be
    distinguished from a nastier type of man who disparages
    women. I suspect he has a patter that sits more
    superficially on top of his brain. In my experience, dear,
    it is the men that behave badly rather than just talk badly
    that should raise our hackles more. Try to be more
    understanding, a little bit of humour is not so bad...

    dorayme (whose femininity is to the fore just this minute)

    (Hey, Neredbojias: Whack!)

    dorayme, Aug 20, 2005
  20. Shabam

    Els Guest

    Re: What is going on?

    rf wrote:

    > Els wrote
    >
    >> Oh come one, Barbara, the man is joking!

    > If he's joking then the joke has gone sour.

    I guess everybody has a different treshold as to what can be funny...

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -

    Els, Aug 20, 2005