Help! ASP pages don't open with IIS (local files) IE6 and WinXP

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by kriani, May 14, 2006.

  1. kriani

    kriani Guest

    Hello everyone,
    I can't open ASP documents with Windows XP Pro SP2
    IE6.0 + IIS 5.0. When I click an ASP file, it's macromedia mx 2004 that
    opens it. If I choose Open With... Internet Explorer, nothing opens.
    And if
    I can have an ASP page open in IE, if there is a link to another ASP
    page,
    when I click it, it doesn't open that ASP link, instead IE asks if I
    want to
    download the file. The http://localhost/ is working fine.

    I have ZoneAlarm Security Suite installed and tweaked it to high
    security settings. Dont know

    where this is blocking Asp files to be opened by IE.

    Any help will be appreciated. Thank you very much.
    kriani, May 14, 2006

  2. kriani

    Marc Guest

    "kriani" <> schreef in bericht
    > Hello everyone,
    > I can't open ASP documents with Windows XP Pro SP2
    > IE6.0 + IIS 5.0. When I click an ASP file, it's macromedia mx 2004 that
    > opens it. If I choose Open With... Internet Explorer, nothing opens.
    > And if
    > I can have an ASP page open in IE, if there is a link to another ASP
    > page,
    > when I click it, it doesn't open that ASP link, instead IE asks if I
    > want to
    > download the file. The http://localhost/ is working fine.
    >
    > I have ZoneAlarm Security Suite installed and tweaked it to high
    > security settings. Dont know
    >
    > where this is blocking Asp files to be opened by IE.
    >

    > Any help will be appreciated. Thank you very much.
    >

    >If I choose Open With... Internet Explorer, nothing opens.

    Thats because you should open the file in a way so IIS knows...
    Like http://localhost/myvirtualdirectory/thescript.asp

    If that doesn't work unplug your network card, shut down ZoneAlarm and
    try again. (ZoneAlarm needs either alot of tweeking to get stuff like this
    done or it simply won't work)
    Marc, May 14, 2006