IE downloading, not showing. Why?

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Samuël van Laere said:
I just went to visit this website:
http://zooplah.dyndns.org/misc/csstbl
but instead of showing me anything onscreen IE popups a download dialog.
Why is that?

IE doesn't know what to do with xhtml+xml.

Aside: interesting menu at that page. In Firefox, I can't seem to
select anything below "Site Statistics".

Samuël van Laere

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:

IE doesn't know what to do with xhtml+xml.

I suppose its a good reason not to use XHTML+XML.
Then again its better then crashing IE ;)
Aside: interesting menu at that page. In Firefox, I can't seem to
select anything below "Site Statistics".

Going to install Firefox, so I can see it for myself.

Regards,
Samuël

rf

Jeffrey Silverman said:
Yeah. Just pushing people's buttons.

Don't.

Correcting other posters typos/ gramatical errors is a sign that you
yourself do not understand the nature of usenet and is published as being a
breach of netiqutte.[1]

Some people post with very bad spelling and grammar, usualy because English
is their second, or perhaps third or fourth language.

then --> than is so trivial as to be beneath notice. In fact I didn't notice
it when I read the offending post.

[1] Of course this does not apply if you are a) trolling, b) having a go at
a confirmed troll :)

Jeffrey Silverman

Oh yeah? Why the hell not, RF?
Correcting other posters typos/ gramatical errors is a sign that you
yourself do not understand the nature of usenet and is published as being a
breach of netiqutte.[1]

Do a little research, sugar. I never hide my identity in my posts and I
post a lot. I think I have a pretty good idea of how to use USENET, RF.

Some people post with very bad spelling and grammar, usualy because English
is their second, or perhaps third or fourth language.

Well, that's their problem. I am very cognizant of the multinational
nature of the Internet.
then --> than is so trivial as to be beneath notice. In fact I didn't notice
it when I read the offending post.

No, it is not. THEN and THAN are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WORDS with
COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MEANINGS!!!
[1] Of course this does not apply if you are a) trolling, b) having a go at
a confirmed troll :)

Well, maybe I was, a little. Hmmm... and maybe I still am....

Samuël van Laere

Jeffrey Silverman said:
Well, that's their problem. I am very cognizant of the multinational
nature of the Internet.

Would you care to explain me what cognizant means?
Try it in Dutch this time ;))

Regards,
Samuël van Laere

Jeffrey Silverman

Would you care to explain me what cognizant means?

"Aware of and understand"

cognizant
adj : (usually followed by `of') having knowledge or
understanding; "our youth are cognizant of the law"; "I
am well aware of his limitations" [syn: cognisant, well
aware(p), aware(p)] [ant: incognizant]

Jeffrey Silverman

Would you care to explain me what cognizant means?
Try it in Dutch this time ;))

oops! I'll try it in Dutch... (using Babelfish.com)

op de hoogte adj: (gewoonlijk gevolgd door ` of') hebbend kennis of
begrip; "our bent de jeugd op de hoogte van law"; "I am goed bewust van
zijn limitations" [ syn: (p) op de hoogte, goed bewust, bewust (p) ] [
mier: incognizant ]