Image map in CSS.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, Sep 1, 2003.

  1. Luigi Donatello Asero, Sep 1, 2003

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > I think that someone suggested some weeks ago that I could use an image
    > map on the page www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boendeiitalien.html

    Not a great idea - image maps introduce certain problems and are not worth
    the effort if the effect can be achieved through other means (e.g.
    slicing). Its really only worth it (IMO) if you need irregular link shapes.

    > I know how to make an image map of a picture. i did it on the page
    > www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/keramikbilder.html but how do I do it when I
    > have a table as in www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/boendeiitalien.html ?

    You can't. Image Maps are _Image_ Maps, not Any Element You Want Maps.

    --
    David Dorward http://dorward.me.uk/
    David Dorward, Sep 1, 2003