    help! What could be wrong? Clients are going through ISA firewall to get to
    the IIS server.

    thanks!

    Param R., Nov 23, 2004

  2. At one place where I worked the proxy or caching system was extremely
    aggressive. Old versions of pages were often "stuck" in the system. It may
    be that one person was browsing a page and hit the browser's Stop button.
    From then on, others are getting partial pages. Is it possible to see what
    the content of the problem pages is?

    Anyway, you'll want to put statements in your pages to deter any kind of
    caching that might be causing people to get old or bad pages.

    Ken

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Nov 23, 2004

  3. Param R.

    Param R. Guest

    OK I just confirmed that this happening for other users too who are not
    running through a Proxy. Either way IIS has http expiration enabled for
    "immediately". This is becoming frustrating. Any ideas what could be causing
    this problem? They just get a blank page and IE says done...

    thanks!

    Param R., Nov 23, 2004
  4. Hmmm.. take a look at the HTML they are getting into IE (View > Source). Is
    it partially there? Is it well-formed? Is it possible that the browser won't
    render some portion because it is delayed from another site? Is there a
    script error? Have the problem browsers set IE to report every script error.

    Does it work if the user clicks Refresh in the browser after getting the
    blank page?

    Just tossing out some ideas here in case something triggers...

    Ken

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Nov 24, 2004
  5. Param R.

    Param R. Guest

    I dont get any script errors. I have script debugging turned on in IE. When
    I do a view source I get a blank document with html &head tags. I will
    copy-paste it when it happens next. When the user clicks refresh nothing
    happens. Same blank page.

    I dont know what could possibly delay it. There is no other site. All pages
    are on this site.

    Param R., Nov 24, 2004
  6. This sounds like the WinInet bug in latest versions of IE. Fails under SSL
    Forms submission. There was a QFE out for it, though I cannot recall the
    KB# right now.

    > Either way IIS has http expiration enabled for "immediately".

    HTTP Expiration is given by the server for the client to obey as a hint.
    Whether the client listens, that has nothing to do with IIS...

    --
    //David
    IIS

    David Wang [Msft], Nov 24, 2004
  7. Param R.

    Param R. Guest

    Do you know when it will be released as a patch on windowsupdate.com? Yes
    all pages run under SSL. Although all clients are Windows XP SP2 clients.
    Does it affect them too?

    thanks!

    Param R., Nov 24, 2004
  8. Param R.

    Param R. Guest

    OK, here is a view source:-

    <HTML><HEAD>
    <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;
    charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
    <BODY></BODY></HTML>

    Param R., Nov 24, 2004
  9. It is already released. I believe it was on WindowsUpdate as well.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=831167

    --
    //David
    IIS

    David Wang [Msft], Nov 25, 2004
  10. Param R.

    Param R. Guest

    The KB article has no mention of Windows XP SP2? I checked the dll version
    on my computer and it is a later version than the one mentioned in the
    article.

    Param R., Nov 26, 2004