Davmagic .Com

From: (e-mail address removed) (Sid Ismail)
Not true! I have recommended your site to
newbies wanting to learn HTML. I like it -
simple, uncluttered, and informative. :)

Well, Sid... right now it's hard for me to believe anyone here, but if
you really mean that, then a big Thanks from me!

I know I don't have all the book-learned experience on Web Design that
some here do, infact I taught myself everything I know from online
sites... but I still have a solid user base that supports my site not
only for the Web Design part, but for the Painting, Junking, Magic and
other parts!

I understand how some of these fellows are not about to "give-in" to my
views on Web Design and how some will simply follow the trend of what a
few others say, not really investigating what I have put forth in
depth...

So thanks again if you mean it, and Good Luck to you...

Web Design-Magic-Painting-Junking-Games
INFO 2000 For You
http://www.davmagic.com
See how your webpages look on a MSN-TV Browser:
Download it here: http://developer.msntv.com/Tools/msntvvwr.asp

Davmagic .Com

From: (e-mail address removed)
(Beauregard T. Shagnasty)
Why did you snip this part of my post
without responding to it?
BTW, taking your "quiz" using the MSN
2.8 viewer, I filled in the ten questions,
clicked the submit button and was taken
to a page that shows:
FormMail
Copyright 1995-2002 Matt Wright
Version 1.92 - Released April 21,
2002
A Free Product of Matt's Script Archive,
Inc.
..and there it hung.   <LOL>
Are you busy repairing the page?

Nope, I just tried it on my PC, and it works fine... you get the script
"Thank You Page" which has the link to my Answer Page at the very
bottom!

Maybe you don't have the "Latest 2.8 Viewer"? Link is below to upgrade
it if you want..........>

Web Design-Magic-Painting-Junking-Games
INFO 2000 For You
http://www.davmagic.com
See how your webpages look on a MSN-TV Browser:
Download it here: http://developer.msntv.com/Tools/msntvvwr.asp

e n | c k m a

I know I don't have all the book-learned experience on Web Design that
some here do, infact I taught myself everything I know from online
sites...

If you admit that some of the people here are more experienced and have
studied more on the subject than you have, why do you disrespect them so
much?

(That's a fair question, I would appreciate it if you didn't run your head
off at me - it would be great to hear something that you thought about
first.)

Actually, this is my final post to this thread. It's starting to bore me.
My final words are I hope that you learnt something (anything) from this
thread.
That's what we're all here for.

Nicko.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Davmagic .Com pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
Nope, I just tried it on my PC, and it works fine... you get the script
"Thank You Page" which has the link to my Answer Page at the very
bottom!

Maybe you don't have the "Latest 2.8 Viewer"? Link is below to upgrade
it if you want..........>

Maybe I do. Read my post again, quoted just above:
BTW, taking your "quiz" using the MSN> >2.8 viewer,

How new must I be?
http://home.rochester.rr.com/bshagnasty/images/davmagicmsntv.jpg (54KB)
...with all default settings, whatever they are.

Note the cute comment from wired.com in the screenshot. You and your two
friends probably get a laugh at that. Since my regular real browser can
see the wired.com page as intended, I'm assuming the comment means the
page detected MSNTV as a non-standards-compliant browser.

And your quiz still doesn't work.
http://home.rochester.rr.com/bshagnasty/images/davmagicformmail.jpg (21KB)
The page is empty other than what is shown.

Davmagic .Com

From: (e-mail address removed)
(Beauregard T. Shagnasty)
And your quiz still doesn't work.
http://home.rochester.rr.com/bshagnasty/
mages/davmagicformmail.jpg (21KB) The
page is empty other than what is shown.

Well, as I said (being truthful) it works on my platform... win-98 with
IE6... I really don't know what your problem is... and based on the
overwhelming returns from the Quiz since I posted it here, everyone else
seems to have no problem ... Go Figure.............>

Web Design-Magic-Painting-Junking-Games
INFO 2000 For You
http://www.davmagic.com
See how your webpages look on a MSN-TV Browser:
Download it here: http://developer.msntv.com/Tools/msntvvwr.asp

David Dorward

Leif said:
The web is about information, not entertainment. Looking nice is good,
but good content is most important.

Not true. Bits of the web are about information, bits of the web are about
entertainment, and its possible to be both at once (sometimes).

A problem is when an author thinks that looking pretty makes up for bad
information.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Davmagic .Com pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
Why do you wrap my comments at half the width I posted?
Well, as I said (being truthful) it works on my platform... win-98 with
IE6...

Oh, it works for me using Firebird, or other real browsers, on Win2K. You
missed the point that your page does *not* work with the MSNTV viewer, at
least not with my version 2.8 Build 20.

I have no problem. said:
and based on the
overwhelming returns from the Quiz since I posted it here, everyone else
seems to have no problem ...

Sure, we all went and tried your quiz. You invited us to do so. Then you
refused (or refuted) just about all criticism about the page. Including
the fact that it doesn't work in your precious MSNTV browser.
Go Figure.............>

I'm pedalling as fast as I can.

Davmagic .Com

From: (e-mail address removed)
(Beauregard T. Shagnasty)
Oh, it works for me using Firebird, or
other real browsers, on Win2K. You
missed the point that your page does
*not* work with the MSNTV viewer, at
least not with my version 2.8 Build 20.

Here's a view of it on win98 IE6:

http://davmagic.com/images/ScreenShot003.gif (-10K)

Web Design-Magic-Painting-Junking-Games
INFO 2000 For You
http://www.davmagic.com
See how your webpages look on a MSN-TV Browser:
Download it here: http://developer.msntv.com/Tools/msntvvwr.asp

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Davmagic .Com pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
Please stop shrink-wrapping my post.
Here's a view of it on win98 IE6:

http://davmagic.com/images/ScreenShot003.gif (-10K)

[hunting magnifying glass] ok. Why did you chop off the top of the pic?
And why do you keep saying "here's a view with win98 *IE6*. What does IE6
have to do with any of this?

Considering that your Matt's Formmail DOES work in my MSNTV Viewer V2.8
that goes with this page:
http://davmagic.com/PAGES34.html

and does NOT work with the Matt's Formmail on this page:
http://davmagic.com/PAGES13.html <-your quiz

I have to believe there is something wrong with your formmail code on the
quiz page when used in the MSN viewer. You are free to continue to think
otherwise. I'm off to dinner.

Oh, why are you using Matt's Formmail in the first place? Can't you write
your own, more secure, server-side code?

Davmagic .Com

From: (e-mail address removed)
(Beauregard T. Shagnasty)
Please stop shrink-wrapping my post.

I'm not "shrink-wrapping your post"...on the MSNTV News Server, we have
to "manually" smallify the posters info after CC&P it, and that's the
way it turns out... unlike PC News Servers or Google's for example...
Oh, why are you using Matt's Formmail in
the first place? Can't you write your own,
more secure, server-side code?

No, unfortunately I don't write script... I have taught myself HTML and
some other web design skills and still have to learn programming
skills... but that will be a long way off since I have many other
interests... I use scripts that I download or CC&P for my needs at the
moment...

Web Design-Magic-Painting-Junking-Games
INFO 2000 For You
http://www.davmagic.com
See how your webpages look on a MSN-TV Browser:
Download it here: http://developer.msntv.com/Tools/msntvvwr.asp

Leif K-Brooks

David said:
Not true. Bits of the web are about information, bits of the web are about
entertainment, and its possible to be both at once (sometimes).

A problem is when an author thinks that looking pretty makes up for bad
information.

As I said, looking nice and being entertaining is important. I would
rather go to a bad-looking site with good information than a
good-looking site with bad information, though.

VisuaLimitS

It stinks of simplicity...and of lack of content... it's a B O R I N G
page... better try again!

My English teacher once told our class (and I agree with him) that boredom
is a sign of stupidity. Only one with the mind of a five year old would
visit a site just to be razzle-dazzled by pictures and colours. Lord!

Whitecrest

My English teacher once told our class (and I agree with him) that boredom
is a sign of stupidity. Only one with the mind of a five year old would
visit a site just to be razzle-dazzled by pictures and colours. Lord!

Well your English teacher is mistaken (or has been overcome by
stupidity)

If what you say it true, we would not have entertainment. But we do
don't we.

Toby A Inkster

Whitecrest said:
If what you say it true, we would not have entertainment. But we do
don't we.

But flashy colours != entertainment.

q.v. Hitchcock's Psycho.