Session Variables on Win 2000 Professional

henryavl

Hello All,
I recently had to reinstall windows 2000 professional due to a harddrive
crash, I downloaded all the newest updates, now I find that session
variables are not being kept from page to page as it had with older
software. If any else had this problem with IIs 5.0, frontpage 2002 server
extentions I would appreciate a tip. What I have found out so far is that
the session variables used with asp 3.0 are going away in favor of dot.net
asp...This is a repost from another group, the server appears to be
configured correctly, and the application still works fine on the server it
is published on, the problem appears to be only on my development machine
after installing the sp4 update for windows 2000 Professional.
Thanks
Henry

henryavl

Thanks, but I have been upa nd down that document.... something else is
going on, one note, in the event viewer I can see that the asp service is
starting and stopping with each request... is that normal???

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

going on, one note, in the event viewer I can see that the asp service is
starting and stopping with each request... is that normal???

No, not at all. What is the event ID? Including those events (any warnings
or errors) surrounding these stop/start events.

henryavl

There are 2 event ID's...

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Active Server Pages
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4
Date: 1/14/2004
Time: 10:53:44 PM
User: N/A
Computer: PEGGYANN
Service stopped.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Active Server Pages
Event Category: None
Event ID: 3
Date: 1/14/2004
Time: 10:53:42 PM
User: N/A
Computer: PEGGYANN
Service started.

Ray at

FYI, duplicate thread in .db. I will not follow up there, as it's not db
related and one thread is sufficient.

Ray at work