    concise English? I don't want the search engine rankings to go down or it
    will be a failed project.

    Thank you.

    jcnews, Oct 11, 2004

  2. jcnews

    brucie Guest

    In alt.internet.search-engines,alt.html jcnews said:

    > I don't want the search engine rankings to go down or it will be a
    > failed project.

    when i explained to my bank manager that to promote my business i was
    just going to enter lotteries in the hope of winning poor quality free
    advertising she laughed at me!

    i thought she was going to pop a valve when i tried to reassure her that
    it was ok because i had a secret formula for increasing my chances of
    winning.

    --

    v o i c e s

    brucie, Oct 11, 2004

  3. jcnews

    Big Bill Guest

    On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:43:54 +1000, brucie <>
    wrote:

    >In alt.internet.search-engines,alt.html jcnews said:
    >
    >> I don't want the search engine rankings to go down or it will be a
    >> failed project.

    >when i explained to my bank manager that to promote my business i was
    >just going to enter lotteries in the hope of winning poor quality free
    >advertising she laughed at me!
    >
    >i thought she was going to pop a valve when i tried to reassure her that
    >it was ok because i had a secret formula for increasing my chances of
    >winning.

    You're new around here aren't you?

    BB
    www.kruse.co.uk Qualified SEO

    Big Bill, Oct 11, 2004
  4. jcnews

    brucie Guest

    In alt.internet.search-engines,alt.html Big Bill said:

    > You're new around here aren't you?

    no, the OP xposted into alt.obsessive-compulsive-disorders ... mmmm.....
    i mean alt.internet.search-engines oops.

    --

    v o i c e s

    brucie, Oct 11, 2004
  5. jcnews

    Toby Inkster Guest

    jcnews wrote:

    > Should I leave the content alone, or rewrite it into clear and concise
    > English?

    If you spell things correctly and write well, then more people will like
    the site. If more people like the site, more people will link to it. If
    more people link to it, it will go up in Google.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Oct 11, 2004
  6. jcnews

    Big Bill Guest

    On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 07:44:37 +0100, Toby Inkster
    <> wrote:

    >jcnews wrote:
    >
    >> Should I leave the content alone, or rewrite it into clear and concise
    >> English?

    >If you spell things correctly and write well, then more people will like
    >the site. If more people like the site, more people will link to it. If
    >more people link to it, it will go up in Google.

    What is this, the alt.html away day?

    Big Bill, Oct 11, 2004
  7. "jcnews" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > Any advice? Should I leave the content alone, or rewrite it into clear
    > and
    > concise English? I don't want the search engine rankings to go down or it
    > will be a failed project.

    I would not advise to write incorrect English for gaining high Google
    ranking. But you should be aware of the fact, that Google is not very strong
    in grammatical rules. So you should help Google in understanding your
    message. Be aware of Google's minimal semantical analysis of your page and
    with this knowledge in mind, write your text in correct English.

    Michael G. Schneider

    Michael G. Schneider, Oct 11, 2004
  8. jcnews

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Big Bill wrote:

    > You're new around here aren't you?
    >
    > BB
    > www.kruse.co.uk Qualified SEO

    Is that supposed to be a joke? I've no idea who YOU are but Brucie has
    been around here forever!

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Oct 11, 2004
  9. jcnews

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Michael G. Schneider wrote:
    > "jcnews" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >

    >>Any advice? Should I leave the content alone, or rewrite it into clear
    >>and
    >>concise English? I don't want the search engine rankings to go down or it
    >>will be a failed project.

    > I would not advise to write incorrect English for gaining high Google
    > ranking. But you should be aware of the fact, that Google is not very strong
    > in grammatical rules. So you should help Google in understanding your
    > message. Be aware of Google's minimal semantical analysis of your page and
    > with this knowledge in mind, write your text in correct English.
    >
    > Michael G. Schneider

    I dont want to sound mean Michael, but your post seems somewhat laden
    with accidental irony...

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Oct 11, 2004
  10. "SpaceGirl" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > I dont want to sound mean Michael, but your post seems somewhat
    > laden with accidental irony...

    No irony at all. Honestly. My advise was meant seriously.

    What made you think so? Or do you believe, that I am incorrect?

    Michael G. Schneider

    Michael G. Schneider, Oct 11, 2004
  11. jcnews

    rf Guest

    [crossposted group deleted, not on my server, so Mr Schneider may not see
    this unless somebody quotes it back there]

    Michael G. Schneider wrote:
    > "SpaceGirl" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >
    > > I dont want to sound mean Michael, but your post seems somewhat
    > > laden with accidental irony...

    > No irony at all. Honestly. My advise was meant seriously.
    >
    > What made you think so? Or do you believe, that I am incorrect?

    I believe the spacegirl was not commenting on the content of your post but
    rather alluding to your somewhat incorrect useage of the English language in
    said post.

    Hint: Check where your ,s are and where your phrases/sentences start and end
    and where they *should* start and end. It does not scan well. Plus that
    double negative in there requires a little bit of scrutinizing to determine
    the exact meaning :)

    --
    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Oct 11, 2004
  12. jcnews

    Neal Guest

    On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 03:43:18 GMT, jcnews <> wrote:

    > Should I leave the content alone, or rewrite it into clear and
    > concise English?

    Holy shit yeah. Lemme tell you, if I get sent by Google to a page full of
    keyword density, I run away. i suspect I'm not unique.

    All the SEO in the world is useless - USELESS - unless the humans you're
    trying to attract will find your page usable. So no SEO technique which
    works against human usability is worthwhile - including strings of
    seemingly random keywords.

    Neal, Oct 11, 2004
  13. jcnews

    T.J. Guest

    "Neal" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 03:43:18 GMT, jcnews <> wrote:
    >
    >> Should I leave the content alone, or rewrite it into clear and
    >> concise English?

    > Holy shit yeah. Lemme tell you, if I get sent by Google to a page full of
    > keyword density, I run away. i suspect I'm not unique.
    >
    > All the SEO in the world is useless - USELESS - unless the humans you're
    > trying to attract will find your page usable. So no SEO technique which
    > works against human usability is worthwhile - including strings of
    > seemingly random keywords.

    Likewise, the most fantastic, pleasing to the eye, easily usable page
    is useless, unless it can be found.
    On saying that, I do agree with you.
    The key to good SEO is getting the balance right.

    T.J., Oct 11, 2004
  14. jcnews

    SpaceGirl Guest

    rf wrote:
    > [crossposted group deleted, not on my server, so Mr Schneider may not see
    > this unless somebody quotes it back there]
    >
    > Michael G. Schneider wrote:
    >
    >>"SpaceGirl" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>

    >>>I dont want to sound mean Michael, but your post seems somewhat
    >>>laden with accidental irony...

    >>No irony at all. Honestly. My advise was meant seriously.
    >>
    >>What made you think so? Or do you believe, that I am incorrect?

    > I believe the spacegirl was not commenting on the content of your post but
    > rather alluding to your somewhat incorrect useage of the English language in
    > said post.
    >
    > Hint: Check where your ,s are and where your phrases/sentences start and end
    > and where they *should* start and end. It does not scan well. Plus that
    > double negative in there requires a little bit of scrutinizing to determine
    > the exact meaning :)

    Indeed :)

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Oct 11, 2004
  15. jcnews

    Big Bill Guest

    On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:27:20 +0100, SpaceGirl
    <> wrote:

    >Michael G. Schneider wrote:
    >> "jcnews" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>

    >>>Any advice? Should I leave the content alone, or rewrite it into clear
    >>>and
    >>>concise English? I don't want the search engine rankings to go down or it
    >>>will be a failed project.

    >> I would not advise to write incorrect English for gaining high Google
    >> ranking. But you should be aware of the fact, that Google is not very strong
    >> in grammatical rules. So you should help Google in understanding your
    >> message. Be aware of Google's minimal semantical analysis of your page and
    >> with this knowledge in mind, write your text in correct English.
    >>
    >> Michael G. Schneider
    >>

    >I dont want to sound mean Michael, but your post seems somewhat laden
    >with accidental irony...

    It's a convention! It is!

    BB
    www.kruse.co.uk Qualified SEO.
    More qualified than Dave is, anyway.

    Big Bill, Oct 11, 2004
  16. "Big Bill" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    >>I dont want to sound mean Michael, but your post seems somewhat laden
    >>with accidental irony...

    > It's a convention! It is!

    Non-English writing ... I do not understand, what you mean with this. Should
    I?

    Michael G. Schneider

    Michael G. Schneider, Oct 11, 2004
  17. jcnews

    Deryck Guest

    "Big Bill" <> wrote in message

    > You're new around here aren't you?
    >
    > BB
    > www.kruse.co.uk Qualified SEO

    Hi Bill,

    Out of curiousity, how does qualify as an SEO? Is it a formal qualification
    or based on X amount of experience?

    Cheers

    Deryck

    Deryck, Oct 11, 2004
  18. jcnews

    Deryck Guest

    "Deryck" <> wrote in message

    > Hi Bill,
    >
    > Out of curiousity, how does qualify as an SEO? Is it a formal
    > qualification

    s/does/does one/

    Deryck, Oct 11, 2004
  19. Deryck wrote:
    > "Big Bill" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>You're new around here aren't you?
    >>
    >>BB
    >>www.kruse.co.uk Qualified SEO

    > Hi Bill,
    >
    > Out of curiousity, how does qualify as an SEO? Is it a formal qualification
    > or based on X amount of experience?

    Could you qualify X, please?

    Matthias

    Matthias Gutfeldt, Oct 11, 2004
  20. jcnews

    jcnews Guest

    "Toby Inkster" <> wrote in message
    > jcnews wrote:
    >
    > > Should I leave the content alone, or rewrite it into clear and concise
    > > English?

    > If you spell things correctly and write well, then more people will like
    > the site. If more people like the site, more people will link to it. If
    > more people link to it, it will go up in Google.
    >
    > --
    > Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Content on the home page doesn't carry much weight? It already has at least
    25 incoming links and is ranked highly in Google for its searchwords. I'm
    just worried about the ranking going down if I change the text content.

    jcnews, Oct 11, 2004