Strange problem using frames

Bud Paulson

Somewhere along the line using frames for a web page I began getting a little strip with four tiny icons
appearing at the upper left corner of any window having an image (using .jpgs). Low and behold these little
icons were links. One brought up my print window, another an outlook express new message window with the
message partly written, another a blank window with "my pictures" in the title bar and the fourth a "save"
window partially completed. Isolating and bringing up any of the individual pictures from the pages I was
preparing by clicking on the associated html document brought up the picture with the four links showing. In
each case the links did not appear until I touched the mouse arrow to the picture or in the case of a page
with several pictures and text to any edge of the page. I went back to a large file of images with associated
html documents used on the web in past years with no such problem and the same links appeared whenever I
brought up an image by clicking on its document. Double clicking on the image only to bring it up presented
no problem. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. Bud

brucie

thats an image toolbar introduced with IE6 and displays on hover if an
image is larger than the size of 130x130px although both authors and
users can change that size. mistakenly authors can also suggest it be
disabled.

please fix your word wrap to something around 70 characters.

Bud Paulson

Thanks, Brucie. Guess I'll get away from frames entirely but for
now how do I get rid of the image toolbar I now have? Do you
have any idea of how I might have gotten it on there in the
first place and what to avoid doing in the future? Thanks for
the reminder on word wrap too. Bud

Richard

Bud said:
Thanks, Brucie. Guess I'll get away from frames entirely but for
now how do I get rid of the image toolbar I now have? Do you
have any idea of how I might have gotten it on there in the
first place and what to avoid doing in the future? Thanks for
the reminder on word wrap too. Bud

With IE open, tools/internet options/advanced.
scroll down to multimedia. Uncheck "enable image toolbar", restart.