Switching from ASP.NET Development server to IIS

llevity

I have a project in progress, and for various reasons, need to switch
it from using the integrated ASP.NET development server to IIS. The
problem is, I cannot figure out how.

After many searches, I've come across a couple of examples that show
how to change it through the project properties. The problem is my
project properties do not have a "Web" option, and my dialog box looks
different. The examples I've seen have the side options appearing as
what looks to be buttons. Mine is a tree view.

I'm stumped. Any ideas?

bruce barker

you need to create vdir that points to the code. then open that vdir
(web site) as a project insead of a folder.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Juan T. Llibre

To specify the Web server for an already-created Web site which is served
with the ASP.NET Development Server, open your project/application with
VS 2005 and, in the Solution Explorer, right-click the name of the Web site
for which you want to specify an IIS Web server, and then click Property Pages.

In the Property Pages dialog box, click the Start Options tab.
Under Server, click Use custom server.

In the Base URL box, type the URL that VS 2005 should start when running the current Web site.
You can use localhost, your machine name, or an assigned domain name for your IP.

From that point on, the VS.NET IDE will not use the internal web server,
but will use IIS to open your pages.

You must, previously, create a virtual directory for your application in the IIS Manager.