SWT OpenGL

henszey

I have just been playing around with OpenGL on SWT and was wondering if
anyone had created a GLCanvas where the user could click and drag
things around in the window. What I ran into was that as you dragged
the canvas would not update. I'm using lwjgl, and its based for the
most part on the snippet provided on the eclipse swt website. ( I
choose lwjgl over the eclipse implementation of OpenGL because I wanted
some things in OpenGL 1.3)

http://www.eclipse.org/swt/opengl/

Basically the effect that I am really going for is manually rendered
pseudo-windows inside of the GLCanvas that you can drag around.

Comments, suggestions appreciated.
Thanks

Ike

I would look at the possibility that double-buffering is at work on you in
this, and needs to be turned off. I've worked with various 'flavors' of
OpenGL with Java, and, particularly if you happen to be using Swing
Components, I know that is an issue. From your description, that seems to be
the case. -Ike

Mark Space

I have just been playing around with OpenGL on SWT and was wondering if
anyone had created a GLCanvas where the user could click and drag
things around in the window. What I ran into was that as you dragged
the canvas would not update. I'm using lwjgl, and its based for the
most part on the snippet provided on the eclipse swt website. ( I
choose lwjgl over the eclipse implementation of OpenGL because I wanted
some things in OpenGL 1.3)

http://www.eclipse.org/swt/opengl/

Basically the effect that I am really going for is manually rendered
pseudo-windows inside of the GLCanvas that you can drag around.

Comments, suggestions appreciated.
Thanks

I'd like to play with Java and OpenGL in the near future.

Is there any reason you choose lwjgl over jogl?

henszey

No reason why I choose lwjgl over JOGL, it just happened to be the
first one on Eclipses list that supported OpenGL 1.3 calls. When or If
Eclipse SWT's OpenGL plugin supports 1.3 I would probably want to
switch to it.

Mark Space

No reason why I choose lwjgl over JOGL, it just happened to be the
first one on Eclipses list that supported OpenGL 1.3 calls. When or If
Eclipse SWT's OpenGL plugin supports 1.3 I would probably want to
switch to it.

Good enough. ;) If you had done some in-depth research, I would have
liked to have profited by it. As is, my somewhat arbitrary decision to
use JOGL seems just as valid! :D

Thanks for responding.