    Comments, suggestions appreciated.
    Thanks

    , Jun 16, 2006

  2. Ike Guest

    I would look at the possibility that double-buffering is at work on you in
    this, and needs to be turned off. I've worked with various 'flavors' of
    OpenGL with Java, and, particularly if you happen to be using Swing
    Components, I know that is an issue. From your description, that seems to be
    the case. -Ike

    Ike, Jun 16, 2006

  3. Mark Space Guest

    wrote:
    > I have just been playing around with OpenGL on SWT and was wondering if
    > anyone had created a GLCanvas where the user could click and drag
    > things around in the window. What I ran into was that as you dragged
    > the canvas would not update. I'm using lwjgl, and its based for the
    > most part on the snippet provided on the eclipse swt website. ( I
    > choose lwjgl over the eclipse implementation of OpenGL because I wanted
    > some things in OpenGL 1.3)
    >
    > http://www.eclipse.org/swt/opengl/
    >
    > Basically the effect that I am really going for is manually rendered
    > pseudo-windows inside of the GLCanvas that you can drag around.
    >
    > Comments, suggestions appreciated.
    > Thanks

    I'd like to play with Java and OpenGL in the near future.

    Is there any reason you choose lwjgl over jogl?

    Mark Space, Jun 16, 2006

    No reason why I choose lwjgl over JOGL, it just happened to be the
    first one on Eclipses list that supported OpenGL 1.3 calls. When or If
    Eclipse SWT's OpenGL plugin supports 1.3 I would probably want to
    switch to it.

    Mark Space wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I have just been playing around with OpenGL on SWT and was wondering if
    > > anyone had created a GLCanvas where the user could click and drag
    > > things around in the window. What I ran into was that as you dragged
    > > the canvas would not update. I'm using lwjgl, and its based for the
    > > most part on the snippet provided on the eclipse swt website. ( I
    > > choose lwjgl over the eclipse implementation of OpenGL because I wanted
    > > some things in OpenGL 1.3)
    > >
    > > http://www.eclipse.org/swt/opengl/
    > >
    > > Basically the effect that I am really going for is manually rendered
    > > pseudo-windows inside of the GLCanvas that you can drag around.
    > >
    > > Comments, suggestions appreciated.
    > > Thanks
    > >

    > I'd like to play with Java and OpenGL in the near future.
    >
    > Is there any reason you choose lwjgl over jogl?

    , Jun 17, 2006
  5. Mark Space Guest

    wrote:
    > No reason why I choose lwjgl over JOGL, it just happened to be the
    > first one on Eclipses list that supported OpenGL 1.3 calls. When or If
    > Eclipse SWT's OpenGL plugin supports 1.3 I would probably want to
    > switch to it.

    Good enough. ;) If you had done some in-depth research, I would have
    liked to have profited by it. As is, my somewhat arbitrary decision to
    use JOGL seems just as valid! :D

    Thanks for responding.

    Mark Space, Jun 18, 2006