"Table summary"

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, Jan 5, 2004.

  1. Luigi Donatello Asero, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > How important is a table summary? Should I have a table summary in all the
    > tables?

    From the accessibility viewpoint, it is a very important feature and so
    you should include a summary in any table you create. Of course if you are
    using tables for layout then you wouldn't use a summary, but then you
    would also be a very bad person :)

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Dylan Parry, Jan 5, 2004

  3. Luigi Donatello Asero

    Jay Guest

    "Dylan Parry" <> wrote in message
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > How important is a table summary? Should I have a table summary in all

    the
    > > tables?

    > From the accessibility viewpoint, it is a very important feature and so
    > you should include a summary in any table you create. Of course if you are
    > using tables for layout then you wouldn't use a summary, but then you
    > would also be a very bad person :)

    If you must use a table for layout you can put that in the summary:

    This lets the visitor using adaptive technology know that they shouldn't
    expect any tabulated information.

    - J
    Jay, Jan 5, 2004
  4. "Dylan Parry" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > How important is a table summary? Should I have a table summary in all

    the
    > > tables?

    > From the accessibility viewpoint, it is a very important feature and so
    > you should include a summary in any table you create. Of course if you are
    > using tables for layout then you wouldn't use a summary, but then you
    > would also be a very bad person :)
    >
    > --
    > Dylan Parry
    > http://www.webpageworkshop.co.uk - FREE Web tutorials and references

    Hello Dylan,
    I know that a general rule says that one should use CSS for the layout
    rather than tables but I could get better results combining CSS and tables
    on that page,
    to have a navigator menu which is made of buttons which change colour. As
    far as I remember I previosly tried to do it only by CSS but I could not.

    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

    http://www.italymap.dk
    http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/lagenheteriitalien.html
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jan 5, 2004
  5. "Jay" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > "Dylan Parry" <> wrote in message
    > > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > >
    > > > How important is a table summary? Should I have a table summary in all

    > the
    > > > tables?

    > > From the accessibility viewpoint, it is a very important feature and so
    > > you should include a summary in any table you create. Of course if you

    are
    > > using tables for layout then you wouldn't use a summary, but then you
    > > would also be a very bad person :)

    > If you must use a table for layout you can put that in the summary:
    >
    > This lets the visitor using adaptive technology know that they shouldn't
    > expect any tabulated information.

    Ok.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jan 5, 2004