Title of a table with CSS

Lauri Raittila

In said:
I have a table with prices on the following page
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/bll.html
I would like to set a title to this table.
I wonder whether I should use <caption>
or <h2> or may-be <title>

H2 as table is independent part of page. If you had some prose telling
"Se Hyrespriser-tabell för priser"¹ somewhere, then you should use
caption. <title> is only used for setting title of whole document.

What I'm not sure, but this seem like you could use
<caption><h2>Hyrespriser</h2></caption>
OTOH, I don't know what difference it would make. Does someone has some
reason this is better/worse that just h2 over table?

If this table is the purpose of this page, like title would hint, you
should put it as first thing in that, so people wouldn't need to scroll
down.

[1] I am trying to learn swedish at the moment...

jake

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/marcianamarina.html
Use <caption> .......... but also include some headers (<th>) to label
the columns and help non-visual browser/reader users navigate the table
more easily.

Lauri Raittila

In said:
You should use the caption element.

I checked that page again, and now I think that neither is good.

Table should be moved just after h1, that is "Hyrespriser av lägenheten i
Italien på Elba i Marciana Marina !"

Now there is some language stuff and search before real content. That is
not good. Those make no sence, especially as they look like real content.
It seems that these are used on every page, which seems pretty stupid, as
they take lots of space. I would think it would be best to have them all
(language, link to contact and search on one line at the top of page.)

It ceratinly makes no sence to have "Välj språk" heading, as most people
that will use links, don't know what it means. And "Kontakta Scaiecat Spa
Gigi" header just before "Kontakta Scaiecat Spa Gigi link" is pretty
redundant.

That reset button in search is also unnecessary.

Those would be better in left hand side menu. OTOH, that menu is way too
growded to be useful
<h2> is more general,

No, h2 is heading. Caption is not heading, but caption. That is the
difference.