Problems with CSS validator

Luigi Donatello Asero

picayunish said:
Like Brucie already said about w3c.
But there is an alternative validator and it can validate entire site.
http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/

Well, as far as I understand it validates only html and not CSS. Besides it
validates up to 50 pages. My site contains much more than 50 pages, so what
I am supposed to do if I want to validate all the pages?
http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/val...scaiecat-spa-gigi.com&warnings=yes&spider=yes

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com

John McGaw

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
Well, as far as I understand it validates only html and not CSS. Besides it
validates up to 50 pages. My site contains much more than 50 pages, so what
I am supposed to do if I want to validate all the pages?
http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/val...scaiecat-spa-gigi.com&warnings=yes&spider=yes

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com

Well, you could buy ARV (A Real Validator) to do the job.
http://arealvalidator.com/ They offer a downloadable 30-day version for
evaluation which can validate any number of pages. Cost is $25 if you decide
to buy. I don't know of any similar CSS validator.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Return address will not work. Please
reply in group or through my website:
http://johnmcgaw.com

picayunish

Luigi said:
Well, as far as I understand it validates only html and not CSS.

For CSS validator
http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/csscheck/ :D
Besides it validates up to 50 pages.

Oh well, nobody is perfect.
My site contains much more than 50 pages, so what
I am supposed to do if I want to validate all the pages?
http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/val...scaiecat-spa-gigi.com&warnings=yes&spider=yes

Do you have a robot.txt file to block search engines for spidering a
certain section of your site?

Luigi Donatello Asero

picayunish said:
For CSS validator
http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/csscheck/ :D

Oh well, nobody is perfect.
http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/val...scaiecat-spa-gigi.com&warnings=yes&spider=yes

Do you have a robot.txt file to block search engines for spidering a
certain section of your site?

I have not put a robot.txt file myself in my files but as I do not have a
server myself
and my website is hosted, but in my statistics Í can read "/robots.txt (no
referrer)"
so I assume that I do not have such a file, anyway

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.italymap.dk
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com

picayunish

Luigi said:
I thought that you meant that the validator had been stopped by a
robots.txt.

No, I thought that you had a robot.txt file. So that the WDG validator
stopped at the 50th page. But now I realize that the validator can't
validate more then 50 pages. :-D