Problems with CSS validator

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, Jan 10, 2004.

  1. Luigi Donatello Asero, Jan 10, 2004

  2. Luigi Donatello Asero

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:Af_Lb.77501$>
    Luigi Donatello Asero said:

    > Does the W3C CSS Validation Service work?

    its a bit iffy ATM. keep trying.

    --
    brucie
    brucie, Jan 10, 2004

  3. Luigi Donatello Asero

    picayunish Guest

    picayunish, Jan 10, 2004
  4. "picayunish" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > Does the W3C CSS Validation Service work?

    > Like Brucie already said about w3c.
    > But there is an alternative validator and it can validate entire site.
    > http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/
    > --
    > Edwin van der Vaart
    > http://www.semi-conductor.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites
    > http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Under construction

    Well, as far as I understand it validates only html and not CSS. Besides it
    validates up to 50 pages. My site contains much more than 50 pages, so what
    I am supposed to do if I want to validate all the pages?
    http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/val...scaiecat-spa-gigi.com&warnings=yes&spider=yes

    --
    Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

    http://www.italymap.dk
    http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com
    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jan 10, 2004
  5. Luigi Donatello Asero

    John McGaw Guest

    "Luigi Donatello Asero" <> wrote in message

    > "picayunish" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    > > > Does the W3C CSS Validation Service work?

    > > Like Brucie already said about w3c.
    > > But there is an alternative validator and it can validate entire site.
    > > http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/
    > > --
    > > Edwin van der Vaart
    > > http://www.semi-conductor.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites
    > > http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Under construction

    > Well, as far as I understand it validates only html and not CSS. Besides

    it
    > validates up to 50 pages. My site contains much more than 50 pages, so

    what
    > I am supposed to do if I want to validate all the pages?

    http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/val...scaiecat-spa-gigi.com&warnings=yes&spider=yes

    > --
    > Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    >

    > http://www.italymap.dk
    > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com

    Well, you could buy ARV (A Real Validator) to do the job.
    http://arealvalidator.com/ They offer a downloadable 30-day version for
    evaluation which can validate any number of pages. Cost is $25 if you decide
    to buy. I don't know of any similar CSS validator.
    --
    John McGaw
    [Knoxville, TN, USA]

    Return address will not work. Please
    reply in group or through my website:
    http://johnmcgaw.com
    John McGaw, Jan 10, 2004
  6. Luigi Donatello Asero

    picayunish Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > "picayunish" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >
    >>Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >>
    >>>Does the W3C CSS Validation Service work?

    >>Like Brucie already said about w3c.
    >>But there is an alternative validator and it can validate entire site.
    >>http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/

    > Well, as far as I understand it validates only html and not CSS.

    For CSS validator
    http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/csscheck/ :D

    > Besides it validates up to 50 pages.

    Oh well, nobody is perfect.

    > My site contains much more than 50 pages, so what
    > I am supposed to do if I want to validate all the pages?
    > http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/val...scaiecat-spa-gigi.com&warnings=yes&spider=yes

    Do you have a robot.txt file to block search engines for spidering a
    certain section of your site?
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    picayunish, Jan 10, 2004
  7. "picayunish" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > "picayunish" <> skrev i meddelandet

    > >>Like Brucie already said about w3c.
    > >>But there is an alternative validator and it can validate entire site.
    > >>http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/

    > > Well, as far as I understand it validates only html and not CSS.

    > For CSS validator
    > http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/csscheck/ :D
    >
    > > Besides it validates up to 50 pages.

    > Oh well, nobody is perfect.
    >
    > > My site contains much more than 50 pages, so what
    > > I am supposed to do if I want to validate all the pages?

    http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/val...scaiecat-spa-gigi.com&warnings=yes&spider=yes

    > Do you have a robot.txt file to block search engines for spidering a
    > certain section of your site?
    > --
    > Edwin van der Vaart
    > http://www.semi-conductor.nl/ Links to Semiconductors sites
    > http://www.evandervaart.nl/ Under construction

    I have not put a robot.txt file myself in my files but as I do not have a
    server myself
    and my website is hosted, but in my statistics Í can read "/robots.txt (no
    referrer)"
    so I assume that I do not have such a file, anyway

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jan 11, 2004
  8. Toby A Inkster, Jan 11, 2004
  9. "Toby A Inkster" <> skrev i meddelandet
    > Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >
    > > I have not put a robot.txt file myself in my files but as I do not have

    > > server myself and my website is hosted

    > So what?
    >
    > You are able to create a file
    > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/index.html
    >
    > So why not
    > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/robots.txt
    >
    > ?
    >
    > --
    > Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    > Contact Me - http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/?page=132

    I thought that you meant that the validator had been stopped by a
    robots.txt.

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Jan 11, 2004
  10. Luigi Donatello Asero

    picayunish Guest

    Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:

    > "Toby A Inkster" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >
    >>Luigi Donatello Asero wrote:
    >>

    >>>I have not put a robot.txt file myself in my files but as I do not have a server myself and my website is hosted

    >>So what?
    >>
    >>You are able to create a file
    >>http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/index.html
    >>
    >>So why not
    >>http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/robots.txt

    > I thought that you meant that the validator had been stopped by a
    > robots.txt.

    No, I thought that you had a robot.txt file. So that the WDG validator
    stopped at the 50th page. But now I realize that the validator can't
    validate more then 50 pages. :-D
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    picayunish, Jan 11, 2004