TableAdapters Visual Studio 2005

Goofy

Ive been playing with these over the last few hours and Im quite impressed
how useful they are.

However, I was using the query builder to set up a new query for my adapter
and found there was no grouping button like you get in SQL Enterprise
Manager query builder.

Until . . .

I manually put the grouping statements in and hey presto, the grouping
column appeared just like in SQL EM. Dont know if anyone has found this so
far or if any use to anyone, but I thought I would mention it.

Also . . . .

I was hoping that there would be some sort of refresh/alert facility to tell
you that the table/view of origin had changed. So I deleted a field and
ended up with an exception. One of the things ive allways hated about
working with data is all the damn adjustments you have to make when you
alter a tables design. Maybe next time Microsoft ?

Comments . . .