Urgent opening for .Net Developer- Permanent full time position-NewPort Beach, CA

prachi

Hi,
We have an urgent opening for .Net developer/Web developer position
with our direct client in New Port Beach, CA.

This is a full time permanent position.
If you are interested, please reply back with your latest resume and
current location, and asking salary.
We are only looking for EAD, Green Card and US Citizen for this
position. We also offer referral fee !!

Please send resumes to (e-mail address removed)

..Net Developer

For this position we will pay base salary, excellent benefits, and
career growth opportunity. The position provides opportunity to work
with cutting edge technology. The position is with a stable growing
company.

Must Have:

* 2+ years experience of Microsoft .Net 3.5 Using C#. ASP.NET, Windows
Form, Web Services
* 2+ years experience analyzing, designing and developing MS SQL
Server 2000/2005 based applications including data modeling, stored
procedure development, complex query development.
* Microsoft Reporting Services, .net remoting
* WCF
* Experience with HTML/DHTML, Java scripting, third party control like
infragistics or other and AJAX

Job Description:

The company is seeking a fulltime software developer for a multi-year
Service Payroll and Human Resources project. The developer has to
possess strong problem solving skills and expert level experience with
Microsoft development tools and application infrastructure
technologies.

Roger Lindsjö

prachi said:
Must Have:

* 2+ years experience of Microsoft .Net 3.5 Using C#. ASP.NET, Windows
Form, Web Services

I thought .NET 3.5 was released November 19 2007. Would that not make it
hard for someone to have 2+ years of experience of it?

Arne Vajhøj

Roger said:
I thought .NET 3.5 was released November 19 2007. Would that not make it
hard for someone to have 2+ years of experience of it?

It happens all the time.

Most recruiters could not tell what was what if they saw
one C# program and one Cobol program.

So programmers need to have 10 years of IT experience, 5 years
of experience with technology X and 2 years of experience with
version Z of technology X. Independently of what X is.

And unfortunately it is not entirely a joke.

Arne

Daniel Pitts

Arne said:
It happens all the time.

Most recruiters could not tell what was what if they saw
one C# program and one Cobol program.

So programmers need to have 10 years of IT experience, 5 years
of experience with technology X and 2 years of experience with
version Z of technology X. Independently of what X is.

And unfortunately it is not entirely a joke.

Arne
It has been my (admittedly limited) experience that it doesn't matter
what product and version you have used, as long as you have used more
than one, and have done so over a number of years.

For instance, people who only know Java, but have been using it for 10
years, are probably stuck with bad-habits and obsolete knowledge.

Someone who knows Ruby, "some python", and C++, but only for 5 years,
are much better candidates, even if the position is for a Java engineer.
They are more likely to learn what they need to, in order to adapt.
Although, the caveat is that they may not be ready to be a "Systems
Architect" if your primary system is Java based. That may come soon
(after 1-2 years of experience), if they are already Architect level in
some other language(s).

Arne Vajhøj

It has been my (admittedly limited) experience that it doesn't matter
what product and version you have used, as long as you have used more
than one, and have done so over a number of years.

For instance, people who only know Java, but have been using it for 10
years, are probably stuck with bad-habits and obsolete knowledge.

Someone who knows Ruby, "some python", and C++, but only for 5 years,
are much better candidates, even if the position is for a Java engineer.
They are more likely to learn what they need to, in order to adapt.
Although, the caveat is that they may not be ready to be a "Systems
Architect" if your primary system is Java based. That may come soon
(after 1-2 years of experience), if they are already Architect level in
some other language(s).

Is this your impression of how the typical recruiters actual think
or you view on how they should think ?

Arne

Daniel Pitts

Arne said:
Is this your impression of how the typical recruiters actual think
or you view on how they should think ?

Arne
Tell the recruiter what they want to hear, tell the hiring manager the
truth.

Arved Sandstrom

Arne said:
Daniel Pitts wrote: [ SNIP ]
Someone who knows Ruby, "some python", and C++, but only for 5 years,
are much better candidates, even if the position is for a Java
engineer. They are more likely to learn what they need to, in order
to adapt. Although, the caveat is that they may not be ready to be a
"Systems Architect" if your primary system is Java based. That may
come soon (after 1-2 years of experience), if they are already
Architect level in some other language(s).

Is this your impression of how the typical recruiters actual think or
you view on how they should think ?

Arne
Tell the recruiter what they want to hear, tell the hiring manager the
truth.

Even better, never work for a company so large that you ever have to talk
to recruiters or HR types. This can apply also if it's a largish company
but spread out in offices. So far I've managed to never interview with
anyone except technical people.

Not to bust on you personally, Daniel, but your idea of the experience
required to be an architect seems a bit diluted to me. I may be old
school, but in order for the classifications of junior, intermediate and
senior programmer to have any meaning at all, I'd think that ten years or
more of meaningful experience would be needed before you'd even consider
someone for an architect position. And ten years would be fast tracking
it.

Of course these days an architect is just the senior IT person at any
size of software shop...a meaningless term.

AHS

Arne Vajhøj

Arved said:
Even better, never work for a company so large that you ever have to talk
to recruiters or HR types. This can apply also if it's a largish company
but spread out in offices. So far I've managed to never interview with
anyone except technical people.

That will somewhat limit ones potential employers. Many large
companies have specific procedures for hiring.
Not to bust on you personally, Daniel, but your idea of the experience
required to be an architect seems a bit diluted to me. I may be old
school, but in order for the classifications of junior, intermediate and
senior programmer to have any meaning at all, I'd think that ten years or
more of meaningful experience would be needed before you'd even consider
someone for an architect position. And ten years would be fast tracking
it.

I agree on that one.
Of course these days an architect is just the senior IT person at any
size of software shop...a meaningless term.

In many places yes. But the role of enterprise architect, solution
architect and software architect are distinct from both tech lead
and senior software engineer. But often especially in smaller companies
a single person has multiple roles.

Arne