    Web Services on a Web Edition Server?

    Thanks for any help
    Urs
    Urs Eichmann, Sep 8, 2004

  2. Urs,

    > We plan to use a Windows 2003 Web Edition based computer to host a
    > ASP.NET Web Service. The database in on another computer within the LAN,
    > so this is no problem. However, I read that the Enterprise UDDI service
    > is not available on the 2003 Web Edition. Does that mean I cannot host
    > Web Services on a Web Edition Server?

    You can certainly host WebServices; UDDI is not a requirement for that. If
    you still need an enterprise-level service directory, then you could rely on
    a UDDI server installed on another location/server, but that's again, not
    necessary.

    --
    Tomas Restrepo
    Tomas Restrepo \(MVP\), Sep 9, 2004

  3. Urs Eichmann

    Urs Eichmann Guest

    Thanks, Tomas. I'll go on with the Web Edition then.
    Urs

    Urs Eichmann, Sep 9, 2004