wsdl.exe & disco.exe Problems.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Dave C, Jan 4, 2007.

  1. Dave C

    Dave C Guest

    I am running Visual Studio 2005, and am having trouble with wsdl.exe and
    disco.exe when I try to download a .wsdl and generate .cs source files.
    When I run disco.exe, I specify the URL, and I get the following output:

    Microsoft (R) Web Services Discovery Utility
    [Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, Version 2.0.50727.42]
    Disco found documents at the following URLs:
    http://<my web service URL>

    The following files hold the content found at the corresponding URLs:
    ERROR: Unknown error "-1".

    If you would like more help, please type "disco /?".

    Then, instead, I tried to run wsdl.exe, and got a similar error:

    Microsoft (R) Web Services Description Language Utility
    [Microsoft (R) .NET Framework, Version 2.0.50727.42]
    Error: Destination location '<path and filename.cs>' could not be opened
    for write operation",
    - Unknown error "-1".

    If you would like more help, please type "wsdl /?".

    Note that these commands worked fine on another computer, so I know it's
    not my command-line parameters or the wsdl on the server. What would
    cause the "unknown error -1"?

    Dave C, Jan 4, 2007