    wsdl.exe also does not work. Either version returns -- Command "wsdl.exe"
    is not valid.

    What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
    Tom_B, Apr 19, 2005

  2. Tom_B

    Keith Elder Guest

    Tom_B wrote:
    > Trying to generate class file from a WSDL file.
    >
    > I have tried the following from the command-line prompt in VB.NET
    >
    > wsdl /language:VB /out:myProxyClass.vb LogAccessService_v1.wsdl
    >
    > wsdl.exe also does not work. Either version returns -- Command "wsdl.exe"
    > is not valid.
    >
    > What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

    Are you issuing this command from the Visual Studio command prompt or
    are you just going to start->run->cmd.exe? There is a difference.

    -Keith
    Keith Elder, Apr 19, 2005

  3. Tom_B wrote:
    > Trying to generate class file from a WSDL file.
    >
    > I have tried the following from the command-line prompt in VB.NET
    >
    > wsdl /language:VB /out:myProxyClass.vb LogAccessService_v1.wsdl
    >
    > wsdl.exe also does not work. Either version returns -- Command "wsdl.exe"
    > is not valid.
    >
    > What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

    Run wsdl.exe inside a Visual Studio.NET Command Window, as that sets the
    correct path statement to allow wsdl.exe to run without the fully qualified
    path name. You'll find the shortcut for Visual Studio.NET Command Prompt in
    the Visual Studio.NET Tools subfolder on the start menu under Visual
    Studio.NET.

    Either that or you will need to provide the full path to wsdl.exe. On a
    VS.NET 2003 installation that would default to c:\program files\microsoft
    visual studio .net 2003\sdk\v1.1\bin\wsdl.exe
    --
    Tom Porterfield
    Tom Porterfield, Apr 19, 2005
  4. Tom_B

    Tom_B Guest

    "Keith Elder" wrote:

    > Are you issuing this command from the Visual Studio command prompt or
    > are you just going to start->run->cmd.exe? There is a difference.

    Keith,

    Issuing the command from VS command window.

    Does the tool need to be installed or anything?
    Tom_B, Apr 19, 2005