2.0 membership roles database problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Guest, Feb 7, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Im trying to help a friend who is attempting to deploy an asp.net 2.0 app.
    She wants to use the membership/role system, and the necessary database and
    its tables, etc, exist in the sql server 2000 instance (which is on a
    seperate server). When she brings up the asp.net admin app from within
    vs.net, she can do the database connection test to her membership/role
    database and her application's database. However, if she clicks on the
    Security tab, she gets:
    "The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: An error occurred
    during the execution of the SQL file 'InstallCommon.sql'. The SQL error
    number is 5110 and the SqlException message is: The file
    "Z:\DEVELOP\APP_DATA\ASPNETDB_TMP.MDF" is on a network path that is not
    supported for database files. CREATE DATABASE failed. Some file names listed
    could not be created. Check related errors. Creating the
    ASPNETDB_f99997c331604d0a92dfe86aca285b0e database...".
    Im at somewhat of a loss, as I role my own role systems, but a few things
    jump out: the database exists, but the message says the error is in their
    creation. But even if she were doing the sql server 2005 thing where one
    puts the mdf file in the \App_Code, the path is not correct, its to here
    development, not prod (they are on the same machine, so the drive letter is
    correct).
    In review:
    1. asp.net 2.0
    2. sql server 2000 on seperate machine
    3. role/memberships database/table set up, and is recognized in the web
    admin app under Providers
    Thanks, Mark

    Guest, Feb 7, 2007

    sloan Guest