    Tel.: +34 943 71 24 00 Fax: +34 943 79 69 44
    E-mail: http: www.ikerlan.es
    IK4 Research Alliance

    Xabier Iturbe, Nov 22, 2006

  2. Xabier Iturbe

    Ajeetha Guest

    It is possible to model ADC/DAC in VHDL. It has real data type and
    necessary procedural constructs for it. However if you want to model
    pure analog things like oscialltor, jitter etc. it gets tricky. An
    approximate model say using "successive approximation" algorithm is
    doable in VHDL. I've done it in the past for a customer of mine, sorry
    can't share the source code.

    HTH
    Ajeetha, CVC
    www.noveldv.com

    Ajeetha, Nov 22, 2006

  3. I would write a simple, but cycle-accurate model
    of the digital interfaces and use an integer port
    to represent the analog pin. Note that some
    vendors may have already done this for you.

    -- Mike Treseler

    Mike Treseler, Nov 22, 2006
  4. Xabier Iturbe

    Paul Floyd Guest

    Depending on the analog content, this might be suitable for VHDL-AMS.

    A+
    Paul

    Paul Floyd, Nov 22, 2006
  5. Xabier Iturbe

    FMF Guest

    FMF, Nov 23, 2006
  6. Thank you a lot. It is a wonderful help !!!!

    Xabier Iturbe
    Area de Electrónica
    IKERLAN
    Pº J. M. Arizmendiarrieta, 2
    20500 Mondragón (Gipuzkoa)

    Xabier Iturbe, Nov 23, 2006
  7. Xabier Iturbe

    rtl.engineer

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Does the vhdl code from "http://www.freemodelfoundry.com/converters_vhdl.php" work still. because the ieee vital standard no longer recommends the usage of real datatype in the entity part of the declaration.

    Please do clarify me with this.

    rtl.engineer, May 16, 2008