Advice Needed - Templating

David

Hi,

I'm currently in the planning stages and would like some advice on
site/page design. The goal is to allow a group of developers the
ability to customize and slap together a web site using page
templates(including CSS, htm, and aspx pages) and custom server
controls(which are themsevlves customizable).

We're using 1.1 of the framework. The group of developers wont have
Visual Studio so perhaps WebMatrix is an option, or just perhaps a set
of configuration files may work.

The idea is to have the ability to create a site with up to 100% of
the possible options, or just a subset. The developers will be aware
of all the available functionality but the customer needs will
determine the site needs. A particular site could be frames-based or
not, have a horizontal menu or tabs etc. We're trying not to require
the developers to code anything other than html or css.

So far I'm considering using a combination of server controls,
configuration files(xml-based), dummy htm and aspx pages and code
snippets using WebMatrix or perhaps dreamweaver.

Is there such a thing as a site schema? Is it reasonable to use xml
and xlink to define a site structure?

Quite abstract, still in the conceptual phase.

Thanks

David