Alternating between calling webservice in Java and in .Net.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by eric, Jan 24, 2005.

  1. eric

    eric Guest

    Hi!
    I have given a WSDL file to a bunch of Java and C# developers and wants to
    access theire services by just changing the URL on the webservice object.
    **********************
    //Call a Java webservice
    wolf1.TTicketService w = new wolf1.TTicketService();

    w.Ticket("jfklsadfjsdlkfjsdlk");

    //Change only the URL and call a .net webservice.

    w.Url = "http://localhost/WebService5/Service1.asmx";

    w.Ticket("klsdafjlkdsfjdslkfj");

    *********************
    This throws an exception:
    'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException' occurred in
    system.web.services.dll
    Additional information: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header
    SOAPAction: .

    I have noticed that the Java webservices doesn´t implement the same wsdl.
    They say they can't. They use encoded when we use literal. My question is
    How do I change my code so we can use rpc.Encoded?

    /Eric

    eric, Jan 24, 2005

  2. Hello Eric,

    Couple of things...
    1. If the wsdls are different you cannot use the same proxy. The way the
    proxy works is that it uses attributes on the proxy to serialize and deserialize
    accordingly and they are specific to the wsdl. So you can't use the same
    proxy for different endpoints if they dont represent the same service (i.e.
    wsdl)
    2. There seems to be a problem in the java web service that cant recognize
    the Soapaction header... this is a totally different problem altogether.
    And you probably need to give more details on the platform to answer that

    HTH
    Regards,
    Dilip Krishnan
    MCAD, MCSD.net