Alternating between calling webservice in Java and in .Net.

eric

Hi!
I have given a WSDL file to a bunch of Java and C# developers and wants to
access theire services by just changing the URL on the webservice object.
**********************
//Call a Java webservice
wolf1.TTicketService w = new wolf1.TTicketService();

w.Ticket("jfklsadfjsdlkfjsdlk");

//Change only the URL and call a .net webservice.

w.Url = "http://localhost/WebService5/Service1.asmx";

w.Ticket("klsdafjlkdsfjdslkfj");

*********************
This throws an exception:
'System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException' occurred in
system.web.services.dll
Additional information: Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header
SOAPAction: .

I have noticed that the Java webservices doesn´t implement the same wsdl.
They say they can't. They use encoded when we use literal. My question is
How do I change my code so we can use rpc.Encoded?

/Eric

Dilip Krishnan

Hello Eric,

Couple of things...
1. If the wsdls are different you cannot use the same proxy. The way the
proxy works is that it uses attributes on the proxy to serialize and deserialize
accordingly and they are specific to the wsdl. So you can't use the same
proxy for different endpoints if they dont represent the same service (i.e.
wsdl)
2. There seems to be a problem in the java web service that cant recognize
the Soapaction header... this is a totally different problem altogether.
And you probably need to give more details on the platform to answer that

HTH
Regards,
Dilip Krishnan
MCAD, MCSD.net