[ANN] Gotham Ruby Conference : Call For Proposals

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Gregory Brown, Jan 29, 2007.

  1. Gotham Ruby Conference, a one-day, single-track event in New York City
    dedicated to everything Ruby, is now accepting proposal papers. This
    conference will be held on Saturday, April 21st in the Chelsea
    headquarters of Google, our hosts for the day.

    The conference highlights six select speakers from the Ruby world,
    three of whom will be Rubyists from the Tri-State area (New York, New
    Jersey and Connecticut), and will also have a round of lightning
    talks. We invite anyone who can make their way to New York City on
    4/21 to submit a proposal as this will be a premier event in one of
    the greatest cities of the world. All track speakers will be provided
    a free attendance to the event and an honorarium. Speakers from
    outside the region will also be provided up to a $200 travel
    reimbursement.

    A good proposal paper will include:
    * A explanation or outline of your talk.
    * A short biographical statement about you and your involvement in the
    Ruby community.

    Your proposal does not need to be long, but it should give us the
    information necessary to evaluate your talk.

    Please send all papers to papers <at> goruco <dot> com by 12:00 AM EST
    on March 1st. You should receive confirmation that we have received
    your proposal within 48 hours of submitting it.

    If you have any questions about the proposal process or other
    conference related questions, please email info <at> goruco <dot> com.
    More information on the conference itself to come. Check the
    conference website and subscribe to the RSS feed for updates.

    Sincerely,

    The Organizers
    Gotham Ruby Conference
    April 21, 2007 - New York, NY