    the part of whole template due to the absent of those features.

    Regards
    lovecreatesbeauty

    lovecreatesbeauty, Aug 16, 2005

  2. lovecreatesbeauty

    Rolf Magnus Guest

    The only one I heard of is Comeau.
    Why? Templates work fine without it.

    Rolf Magnus, Aug 16, 2005

  3. * Rolf Magnus:
    Also a version of Borland's compiler, according to WikiPedia (which also
    mentions that both compilers use the EDG front-end).

    Alf P. Steinbach, Aug 16, 2005
  4. could you please be more specific. new borland c++ will use the edg
    frontend?
    i'm also looking for 100% compatible compiler.

    thanx

    Martin Vorbrodt, Aug 16, 2005
  5. lovecreatesbeauty

    P.J. Plauger Guest

    Your only current chance at a 100% compatible compiler these days
    is one that uses the Edison Design Group front end and the Dinkumware
    C/C++ libraries. That combo has been available for the past couple of
    years from Comeau (EDG + back end) and Dinkumware (libraries). Quite
    a few compiler vendors license both from EDG and Dinkumware, so they
    *can* offer 100% compatibility. But few such vendors are as nimble
    as Comeau, or apparently in a hurry to brag about 100% conformance.

    Borland is definitely one of the major compiler vendors who license
    technology from EDG and Dinkumware. You'll have to ask them directly
    about their plans.

    P.J. Plauger
    Dinkumware, Ltd.
    http://www.dinkumware.com

    P.J. Plauger, Aug 16, 2005
  6. The Borland EDG compiler seems to be on hold.

    Intel for Linux supports export, at least since 8.0, and reportedly Intel for
    Windows also supports export, but you have to know the secret handshake.
    (http://www.comeaucomputing.com/iso/promises.html)

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Turkanis, Aug 17, 2005
  7. * Jonathan Turkanis: Ah, I say, remove the whole darned thing, also remove the current module
    proposal, and let's get decent modules supported by the standard.

    With a decent module facility a feature like 'export' may be redundant.

    And I think that should be seriously investigated as a design criterion; now
    it's up to the infamous SomeOne (TM) to Just Do It... ;-)

    Alf P. Steinbach, Aug 17, 2005